Author Topic: Metal detecting allowed again on private land in England  (Read 4443 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Metal detecting allowed again on private land in England
« on: February 02, 2021, 08:49 pm »
Please check the details on the Gov website, there are some restrictions, but the rules have been relaxed.  I'm planning for Friday !!
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

kris milner

• xp deus m16 hf coil ws5 ws4 control
Re: Metal detecting allowed again on private land in England
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 01:19 pm »
just need a drought as its difficult detecting under water and snow
xp deus m16 hf coil ws5 ws4 control

Flatlander

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 04:31 pm »
I don't have any permissions within walking distance and I don't have a bike, or any intention of buying one, even if I did by the time I had cycled to my nearest permission I would be absolutely kernakered, my knees would be shot to pieces and my hips would be on fire 😂, good luck to all those able to get back out, I will just have to be patient for a little longer.

lobo

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 06:50 pm »
The wording is "you should walk or cycle where possible" so using your car is permissable. The key words are local only, and on your own or with someone from your house bubble. You cannot meet up with anyone outside your home bubble on private land. Weather permitting I will give it a go in the next few days.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 09:36 pm »
The wording is "you should walk or cycle where possible" so using your car is permissable. The key words are local only, and on your own or with someone from your house bubble. You cannot meet up with anyone outside your home bubble on private land. Weather permitting I will give it a go in the next few days.

If in doubt, speak to your local police.  I was given permission to travel by car to my farm today and the officer gave me his collar number to use as verification if I am questioned.  I can't walk in my urban area due to my mental health issues and they took this into account.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....