Author Topic: cold reality  (Read 7055 times)

kevsat

cold reality
« on: March 06, 2021, 06:26 pm »
over the years ive tried loads of mchns some really good others dire...a couple have stood out the E trac and Adventis both excellent ...in 2018 i bought my nox600 and a Deus lite 4.1..ive spent loads of time on both mchns and ive come to the end of trying to better them ..so in reality i personally believe these 2 are the pinnacle in vlf mchns ..the choice is massive now with detectors but for me these 2 sit on the throne

The oil man

Re: cold reality
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 06:57 pm »
I started with a C scope 770 then a Laser Trident and then a Deeptech Smart .

The Smart seems to work really well and I've always stuck with it .
I've never really tried anything else and have probably missed out ,but i guess if you like a machine and get on well with it then so be it.

I reckon a lot blame the detector and chase finds with the bells and whistles kit but this is not always the answer.
I came in to the world with nothing and still have most of it left 

Deeptech Vista X  + Perseverance

kevsat

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 07:11 pm »
yeah i agree ..thats why the adventis is a killer mchn simple and powerful .. but the nox and deus have all the tricks you need to virtually miss nothing in the ground

lobo

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 07:45 pm »
I have had more machines than I dare to tell the missus about and I totally agree with you Kev about the Deus and Nox. My only concern on the Nox is the number of coils that have broken lugs. I'm going to tempt fate now and say this has never happened to me and I hear 2 differing reasons why this happens to others. The first is that the units are mistreated by overtightening, not replacing rubber teardrops soon enough, using it to aid standing after digging a signal. Second - the plastic used is not fit for function, lugs too thin, poor design. Whatever the reason, breakages do happen and in comparison it's a rare occurence to hear of a Deus coil breaking at the lugs. My go to machine is the Deus, but I am still tempted to try out other machines. The holy grail of machines MUST be out there somewhere.  :D

nailman

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 08:21 pm »
I’ve had a Adventist now use a Deus , I’ve never owned a Minelab for two reasons the main one been the weight, I have a dodgy right shoulder due to a motorcycle accident.

My other reason I swapped clubs at the time I had a Tesro Cibola, most club members had Minelab it was almost as if I had Leprosy and was swinging a bell and not a detector.
There appeared to be a belief that unless you had a Minelab you wearing a serious detectorist, I was contemplating a Nox but with shaft wobble and broken coil lugs, at least Mackro sorted their issues with the Simplex out.

We have had beginners starting the club, purchased a Nox and within a week are experts
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

kevsat

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 09:28 pm »
yeah youre right lobo that is an issue with the nox the lugs are bad ..a bit like the e trac standard coil which had the same issue ..build quality on the deus is very good imo ..but whats inside the box with the nox makes up for the niggles

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 08:17 pm »
It's a shame Minelab skimped a little on the fit and finish of the Nox, but it does seem to be a cracker of a machine.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

mayhem147

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 02:04 pm »
It's a shame Minelab skimped a little on the fit and finish of the Nox, but it does seem to be a cracker of a machine.

It had to be released at a certain price, so I suppose some corners had to be cut. The shaft is cheap, but replaceable and mine never wobbled, even after my dog's longline lead got caught around the armcup and the Nox bounced across the field at high speed for about 10m. The result - a muddy but totally unharmed machine, so they're not that fragile :)

After about 18mths, I resigned myself to the fact that I preferred the Deus for sharp separation on cultivated soil and the CTX for pasture, so it got sold on. If I was to run a single detector though, I would seriously consider another Nox. It's a lot of 'tector for the price tag.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 06:55 am »
I still believe there's not a single detector for every field, I have proved it to myself in so many occasions.

kris milner

• xp deus m16 hf coil ws5 ws4 control
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 08:18 am »
Gary if you could make a detector from scratch what would be your specs for the perfect machine
xp deus m16 hf coil ws5 ws4 control

Lodge Scent

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 11:04 am »
I still believe there's not a single detector for every field, I have proved it to myself in so many occasions.

The truest metal detector statement that has ever been uttered in all of history!

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 05:08 pm »
It would be based on the Nautilus  ;)

rusty old bucket

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 07:45 pm »
Nothing wrong with chop and change for some people that's what the hobby is all about..

Personally I look for simplicity, and a work horse that will work well on a ancient site.

Not really interested in the latest must have, as I'm about the finds . For me a metal detector is just a tool for that end ..
Rex Sedet in vertice
Live a good life.

Lodge Scent

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 11:22 pm »
Nothing wrong with chop and change for some people that's what the hobby is all about..

Personally I look for simplicity, and a work horse that will work well on a ancient site.

Not really interested in the latest must have, as I'm about the finds . For me a metal detector is just a tool for that end ..

I'm with you Rusty. I have only owned 2 detectors. I have enjoyed trying to squeeze every last drop of performance out of them.  Or maybe I am just too frugal.  ;)

rusty old bucket

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2021, 02:32 pm »

I'm with you Rusty. I have only owned 2 detectors. I have enjoyed trying to squeeze every last drop of performance out of them.  Or maybe I am just too frugal.  ;)

"Frugal" .. That's a polite way of saying tight ;D I am guilty of that too according to the missus ..
Rex Sedet in vertice
Live a good life.