Author Topic: Two weeks of permission searching..  (Read 3576 times)

Vertis

Two weeks of permission searching..
« on: May 02, 2021, 05:59 pm »
Sooo. I decided my job was stable enough and kids a bit older that I could return to the hobby. Went out and got a replacement deus and all the coils, diggers and pinpointers.

I went around the midlands, im often in coventry, worcester and banbury. Loads of calls, letters etc. I got 3 positive responses...

One was lovely, amazing site, miles from any bit area and has a medieval moat. Should be epic...but after the chat they said will be September..

Second was kind of grumpy and stern, site was full of junk, and again...September only

Third was desperate for me to come. So I did, absolute junk yard, it was an embarassing mess, and after the chat it turned out he was a tenant farmer and land is a big No!

So the Deus sits unused, with me chewing my finger nails, cant sort membership of club until they restart so no rallies until i can get NCMD reference, boo :(

So decided to let the kids run the detector around my 4m x 4m garden and the gits pulled out 9 coins, a sword handle and a heavy brass pig lol! All from last 30 years

But as for me... zero but a machine to polish lol:'(

The oil man

Re: Two weeks of permission searching..
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 06:09 pm »
It does seem to be more difficult to get a decent permission  :-X
I came in to the world with nothing and still have most of it left 

Deeptech Vista X  + Perseverance

Vertis

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 06:21 pm »
I was detecting before and just after the staffordshire hoard was found. Most farmers either didnt have people or didnt want people doing anything on their land and had lots of questions about the hobby. Now I hit one area quite heavy for requests, most have people detecting already or fedup with being asked and know aaaaaall about it.

I've had about 10-12 rejections, and all have been so lovely and polite, explaining they have some detecting already etc. And interestingly all have no PAS records in last 10 years, apart from two coins, then when talking to the land owner they've only been told about some awful finds, the areas i went to thats very unlikely. So kinda figured whats gone on here. So time to change area and try again   :o

rusty old bucket

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 07:41 pm »
Just got to keep plugging away.
With restrictions ending June 21 the rallies should be back on ..

Rex Sedet in vertice
Live a good life.