Gary's Detecting forum > General detecting talk

War has been declared !!

(1/5) > >>

Keith67:
Blimey, I have to say some of the language in the NM Legend launch is a bit strong, and a bit disrespectful if I'm honest.
They really seem to be kicking Minelab and personally I don't like it.

And the promo video where the guy with the Nox is jealous of the Legend !! All a bit unnecessary and insulting to a company with Minelabs pedigree and excellent reputation in the hobby.  I'm disappointed and unimpressed !

Nice to see the Deus II has launched with more decorum and no custard pie throwing at other companies.

lobo:
All's fair in love and war Keith. Being nice doesn't always get the job done.

nailman:

--- Quote from: Keith67 on November 19, 2021, 10:58 pm ---Blimey, I have to say some of the language in the NM Legend launch is a bit strong, and a bit disrespectful if I'm honest.

And the promo video where the guy with the Nox is jealous of the Legend !! All a bit unnecessary and insulting to a company with Minelabs pedigree and excellent reputation in the hobby.  I'm disappointed and unimpressed !

Nice to see the Deus II has launched with more decorum and no custard pie throwing at other companies.

--- End quote ---

I enjoyed the advert where I am Evan beginners who have purchased the Nox have that mines better than yours attitude, Minelab have rested on there laurels  for years a bit of competition is good.

Keith67:

--- Quote from: lobo on November 20, 2021, 08:35 am ---All's fair in love and war Keith. Being nice doesn't always get the job done.

--- End quote ---

They didn't have to be nice mate, just not insulting.

Keith67:

--- Quote from: nailman on November 20, 2021, 02:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: Keith67 on November 19, 2021, 10:58 pm ---Blimey, I have to say some of the language in the NM Legend launch is a bit strong, and a bit disrespectful if I'm honest.

--- End quote ---

I enjoyed the advert where I am Evan beginners who have purchased the Nox have that mines better than yours attitude, Minelab have rested on there laurels  for years a bit of competition is good.

--- End quote ---

Rested on their Laurels?  The Nox has only been out a couple of years?
Sadly there will always be Detectorists with the "mines better than yours" attitude, but the last thing we need is for manufacturers to start sinking to that juvenile level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version