Author Topic: War has been declared !!  (Read 10216 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
War has been declared !!
« on: November 19, 2021, 10:58 pm »
Blimey, I have to say some of the language in the NM Legend launch is a bit strong, and a bit disrespectful if I'm honest.
They really seem to be kicking Minelab and personally I don't like it.

And the promo video where the guy with the Nox is jealous of the Legend !! All a bit unnecessary and insulting to a company with Minelabs pedigree and excellent reputation in the hobby.  I'm disappointed and unimpressed !

Nice to see the Deus II has launched with more decorum and no custard pie throwing at other companies.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

lobo

Re: War has been declared !!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 08:35 am »
All's fair in love and war Keith. Being nice doesn't always get the job done.

nailman

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 02:13 pm »
Blimey, I have to say some of the language in the NM Legend launch is a bit strong, and a bit disrespectful if I'm honest.

And the promo video where the guy with the Nox is jealous of the Legend !! All a bit unnecessary and insulting to a company with Minelabs pedigree and excellent reputation in the hobby.  I'm disappointed and unimpressed !

Nice to see the Deus II has launched with more decorum and no custard pie throwing at other companies.

I enjoyed the advert where I am Evan beginners who have purchased the Nox have that mines better than yours attitude, Minelab have rested on there laurels  for years a bit of competition is good.
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 06:38 pm »

They didn't have to be nice mate, just not insulting.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 06:42 pm »

I enjoyed the advert where I am Evan beginners who have purchased the Nox have that mines better than yours attitude, Minelab have rested on there laurels  for years a bit of competition is good.

Rested on their Laurels?  The Nox has only been out a couple of years?
Sadly there will always be Detectorists with the "mines better than yours" attitude, but the last thing we need is for manufacturers to start sinking to that juvenile level.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2021, 06:49 pm »
Great launch I wish Dilek and her team the very best of luck.
It looks like a great concept with some cool ideas.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2021, 07:00 pm »
Great launch I wish Dilek and her team the very best of luck.
It looks like a great concept with some cool ideas.

Nicely put Gary, as tactful and polite as ever  ;D

lobo

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2021, 07:50 pm »

They didn't have to be nice mate, just not insulting.

I guess it would be a dull world if we all thought the same way. I personally didn't find anything insulting, only pushy with their own brand.

bob79

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2021, 08:09 pm »
Don't forget Minelab's bold statement when they introduced the Nox, Keith.
The Equinox will obsolete all single frequency VLF detectors .

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2021, 08:29 pm »
It's just marketing teams not knowing their market, very few of them detect that's why it's all Hollywood, it took a couple of years to get to the dealers if I remember.

nailman

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2021, 10:07 pm »
It's just marketing teams not knowing their market, very few of them detect that's why it's all Hollywood, it took a couple of years to get to the dealers if I remember.

I used to work in marketing pre internet days , the first thing to go into printed media are the paid adverts only after that can they find space for articles.
Obviously a company starting with M  has a very large marketing budget and could be keeping publications
going, knowing the tricks needless to say I didn’t follow the masses but did my own  reasearch
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2021, 02:13 pm »
Don't forget Minelab's bold statement when they introduced the Nox, Keith.
The Equinox will obsolete all single frequency VLF detectors .

Ah yes it was indeed bold, and pretty stupid. N/M could use the classic phrase "well they started it"
Maybe they both need standing in a corner face to the wall and going without their lunch  ;D

Oxgirl

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2021, 09:55 am »
Trying to directly fight an existing competitor in the market is very dangerous. It’s not a good look but, more importantly, it stifles innovation. They just try and improve existing technology rather than inventing something new.

It’s what Nokia and their competitors did in the 90s/ early 2000’s in the mobile phone market. Then in swoops Apple who re invented the phone and the existing big boys are caught with their pants down still comparing the size of their Y fronts  ;)

I’d like to see Nokta doing something truly new. Being cheaper than your competitors isn’t usually the best marketing approach for anyone with a long term future. They need to start having a longer term strategy for their products - it’s currently getting a launch, sell, dump and move on in 2-3 years reputation for its models which is being noticed.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2021, 09:22 pm »
Trying to directly fight an existing competitor in the market is very dangerous. It’s not a good look but, more importantly, it stifles innovation. They just try and improve existing technology rather than inventing something new.

It’s what Nokia and their competitors did in the 90s/ early 2000’s in the mobile phone market. Then in swoops Apple who re invented the phone and the existing big boys are caught with their pants down still comparing the size of their Y fronts  ;)

I’d like to see Nokta doing something truly new. Being cheaper than your competitors isn’t usually the best marketing approach for anyone with a long term future. They need to start having a longer term strategy for their products - it’s currently getting a launch, sell, dump and move on in 2-3 years reputation for its models which is being noticed.

Some valid points there Oxgirl.

bob79

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2021, 11:13 am »
Dilek has released a video in response too the bashing that the launch got, also a bit miffed at Nokta being accused of reverse engineering the Nox and sticking it in a Simplex housing.