Author Topic: War has been declared !!  (Read 10213 times)

mayhem147

Re: War has been declared !!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2021, 01:50 pm »
Dilek has released a video in response too the bashing that the launch got, also a bit miffed at Nokta being accused of reverse engineering the Nox and sticking it in a Simplex housing.

Blimey, that was a proper rant! :o

I have to say though, I do quite like her very direct combative style. It's certainly unconventional in the marketing arena, but refreshingly different, and she's clearly not going to sit back and leave the negative comments unchallenged!

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2021, 06:10 pm »
Dilek has released a video in response too the bashing that the launch got, also a bit miffed at Nokta being accused of reverse engineering the Nox and sticking it in a Simplex housing.

See, I told you it was war !!
 ;D
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

mayhem147

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2021, 06:54 pm »

See, I told you it was war !!
 ;D

That's the problem for Dilek. It could get to be punch and counter-punch if she allows it to continue like this. The people that have clearly wound her up now have confirmation that they've done so and will probably do it even more now...

Lodge Scent

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2021, 09:28 pm »
That was entertaining as far as rants go.  ;D But I suspect it was a rant "manufactured" to get publicity for the Legend, and get people talking about it. If so, she was successful.   ;D

lobo

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2021, 10:10 pm »
Nontheless, the wait still goes on for both XP & Nokta Makro to show what their SMF machines can do. Also, neither company have issued a "User Manual" . It's looking more and more like 2022 before the models are in the shops.  :(

mayhem147

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2021, 10:25 am »
Nontheless, the wait still goes on for both XP & Nokta Makro to show what their SMF machines can do. Also, neither company have issued a "User Manual" . It's looking more and more like 2022 before the models are in the shops.  :(

Still "early December" for the Deus II, I was told by LP.

lobo

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2021, 10:37 am »
I really don't see it myself when there isn't even a video showing the machine working. Some people will just buy blind but a lot of people want to see how it performs before parting with their money. The same applies to Nokta Makro, I don't want to hear it - I want to see it.

mayhem147

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2021, 11:31 am »
I really don't see it myself when there isn't even a video showing the machine working. Some people will just buy blind but a lot of people want to see how it performs before parting with their money. The same applies to Nokta Makro, I don't want to hear it - I want to see it.

I would imagine that most existing Deus users already know enough to decide whether to get their wallets out for the Mk2 or not, but releasing the user manual at this stage would surely do no harm. 

nailman

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2021, 07:26 pm »

Exactly the proof of the pudding no doubt the Nox users will keep drip feeding use  with false information
Roll on the tests
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2021, 01:50 am »

Depends who does the videos.  I trust Gary, but in many other cases, what you see isn't what you get.

Many early videos will be attention seekers and people wanting to increase their channel subs, and in my experience much of the early feedback will be unreliable, and that's putting it politely. if you want to know what a machine is like, I honestly believe you have to wait a good few months for a lot of feedback and then carefully sift out the facts from the fiction.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....