Gary's Detecting forum > General detecting talk

What a disaster

(1/2) > >>

nailman:
First time seriously detecting for nearly 18 months which I was really looking forward to.
Set off first target shotgun primmer second target small bit of lead, then disaster my legs gave way and I went head over heels.
I suffer from Type 1 Diabeties 54 yrs and poor Kidney  function  what with lockdown not really exercising then not wanting to  go out much due to I admit total fear of the Corona  I didn’t realize just how unfit I was.
So tomorrow pumping up my bicycle tires and kidnapping next doors dog.

13oots2:
I know the feeling, 55 and 21 stone, my back goes into spasm as soon as I walk a short distance. Take it nice and steady and don't try to do too much at once, that way will see you in proper mischief pretty quickly. I have resorted to mounting my super lightweight bike on a turbo trainer, that way I can crank out a couple of miles no matter the weather.

You aren't allowed to use the kidnapped dog to pull the bike though.

nailman:
How did you guess I was going to harness the dog  :D ;D :D
It will be regular Walkies  the primer cap amongst iron by going much slower than I normally do in a area covered by other detectorist so it’s low and slow from now on

Lodge Scent:
Sorry to hear that Naily. Walking my dog daily (weather permitting) definitely helps keep my joints lubricated. Wait until you hit 60! Then you really need to find way to keep moving during the week if you don't want to have a miserable detecting adventure on the weekend.

Lodge

nailman:

--- Quote from: Lodge Scent on January 24, 2022, 12:59 pm ---Sorry to hear that Naily. Walking my dog daily (weather permitting) definitely helps keep my joints lubricated. Wait until you hit 60! Then you really need to find way to keep moving during the week if you don't want to have a miserable detecting adventure on the weekend.

Lodge

--- End quote ---

Fast approaching that 59 now but had dia be ties for 54 years  so very high Mileage on the clock

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version