Author Topic: What a disaster  (Read 5494 times)

nailman

What a disaster
« on: January 23, 2022, 08:58 pm »
First time seriously detecting for nearly 18 months which I was really looking forward to.
Set off first target shotgun primmer second target small bit of lead, then disaster my legs gave way and I went head over heels.
I suffer from Type 1 Diabeties 54 yrs and poor Kidney  function  what with lockdown not really exercising then not wanting to  go out much due to I admit total fear of the Corona  I didn’t realize just how unfit I was.
So tomorrow pumping up my bicycle tires and kidnapping next doors dog.
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
Re: What a disaster
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 09:05 pm »
I know the feeling, 55 and 21 stone, my back goes into spasm as soon as I walk a short distance. Take it nice and steady and don't try to do too much at once, that way will see you in proper mischief pretty quickly. I have resorted to mounting my super lightweight bike on a turbo trainer, that way I can crank out a couple of miles no matter the weather.

You aren't allowed to use the kidnapped dog to pull the bike though.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and join the live chat

nailman

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 09:14 pm »
How did you guess I was going to harness the dog  :D ;D :D
It will be regular Walkies  the primer cap amongst iron by going much slower than I normally do in a area covered by other detectorist so it’s low and slow from now on
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Lodge Scent

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 12:59 pm »
Sorry to hear that Naily. Walking my dog daily (weather permitting) definitely helps keep my joints lubricated. Wait until you hit 60! Then you really need to find way to keep moving during the week if you don't want to have a miserable detecting adventure on the weekend.

Lodge

nailman

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 01:46 pm »
Sorry to hear that Naily. Walking my dog daily (weather permitting) definitely helps keep my joints lubricated. Wait until you hit 60! Then you really need to find way to keep moving during the week if you don't want to have a miserable detecting adventure on the weekend.

Lodge

Fast approaching that 59 now but had dia be ties for 54 years  so very high Mileage on the clock
XP Deus

The oil man

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 06:30 pm »
Hopefully you'll gradually get your fitness built up and be back out digging soon ..🤞
I came in to the world with nothing and still have most of it left 

Deeptech Vista X  + Perseverance

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 06:09 pm »
My OCD spiralled out of control due to the pandemic, only just recently started getting near other people again.

I know my fitness has suffered a lot over the last couple of years.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Maxi21

• No gold yet, except a -
  • Gold Membership
  • Using Deus, 9" & 13" coils
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2022, 12:01 pm »
 :D we are not a good advert for the fitness and health benefits of the hobby are we.... :-X
Nick

Treat everything & everyone with the respect they deserve.

nailman

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2022, 03:37 pm »
:D we are not a good advert for the fitness and health benefits of the hobby are we.... :-X

;D ;D ;D Not at the moment  apart from shortening next doors does legs I’ve purchased a second hand exercise bike so hopefully my fitness will improve
XP Deus