Author Topic: Info on Nokta Makro Legend  (Read 7458 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Info on Nokta Makro Legend
« on: February 02, 2022, 10:21 pm »
I took the plunge and fished around for videos on the Legend the other night, surprised to find that there really wasn't much out there ??

Doesn't seem to be much reliable info out there, a few poor depth tests that don't prove anything really.

I expected to find a lot more ??
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Oxgirl

Re: Info on Nokta Makro Legend
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 11:15 pm »
Not really, they have recalled the test ones while they do more modifications. Guessing, like XP, they’ve learnt the importance of confidentiality agreements. To be fair though they usually they don’t work and leak like a sieve so guessing they must have picked their testers carefully?

Looks like live models might be a few more weeks away at least. I do hope they are good machines. Minelab need another shake of their tree and Garret need a rocket up their arse. Competition leads to innovation which is good for us 👍🏼

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 01:29 am »
Not really, they have recalled the test ones while they do more modifications. Guessing, like XP, they’ve learnt the importance of confidentiality agreements. To be fair though they usually they don’t work and leak like a sieve so guessing they must have picked their testers carefully?

Looks like live models might be a few more weeks away at least. I do hope they are good machines. Minelab need another shake of their tree and Garret need a rocket up their arse. Competition leads to innovation which is good for us 👍🏼

Hmm I have a bad feeling about this. Cast iron promises that they would be released summer 2021 ! Things really ain't going to plan !

mayhem147

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 09:45 am »

I suspect the more likely reason is that that don't want to incur the wrath of Dilek and who can blame them! ;D

nailman

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 07:40 pm »
I’ve only seen one UK test I’am certainly interested being newly retired the Deus 2 is too expensive
come to think of it not seen much feedback on the Garrett apex
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Oxgirl

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 12:42 am »

I suspect the more likely reason is that that don't want to incur the wrath of Dilek and who can blame them! ;D

I certainly wouldn’t want to!  ;D

Oxgirl

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 12:48 am »

I wonder why  ;) Garrett need to be careful, they still do ok in the US I believe but they aren’t innovating and keeping up. Heavy machines with no unique advantages are quickly ignored and disappear into the detector graveyard. They are loosing market share in all their historical strongholds and they don’t seem to have a response…

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 09:55 pm »
I used the Apex for a couple of weeks, very disappointing performance, it felt ok with reasonably good build quality. I think Garret should have a re-think about their target market.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 08:28 pm »
I used the Apex for a couple of weeks, very disappointing performance, it felt ok with reasonably good build quality. I think Garret should have a re-think about their target market.

Yeah that seems to be a lot of conclusions about the Apex.
Garrett are a big operation so they can produce new machines pretty quickly, but as you say, either look hard at your target audience and if you want to compete at the top end, take a breath, do the RnD, and produce quality over quantity.

diggers

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2022, 02:47 pm »
I’ve only seen one UK test I’am certainly interested being newly retired the Deus 2 is too expensive

same here deus 2 to expensive so looking at a legend at 700 sovs ,mates says its good and get one

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2022, 10:51 pm »
I'm still hearing mixed reports on the Legend

bob79

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2022, 04:59 pm »

New update due out, Keith, including iron bias, mineralization bar and a pitch tones mode amongst the upgrades.

diggers

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2022, 09:42 am »

1) Iron Bias
2)M3 new Multi Freq
3)Pitch Tone
4)Mineralization Meter
5)Mute Function
6)Audio Gain
7)Hearing the sound thru HPs and speaker at the same time
8)Selected setting to blink
9)Discrimination pattern to not revert back to C (custom) when changing modes
10)Notch Filter - Automatic sensitivity drop to make the adjustment easier
11)Factory Default function

THANK YOU!

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2022, 01:02 am »

New update due out, Keith, including iron bias, mineralization bar and a pitch tones mode amongst the upgrades.

That's good news for the Legend owners Bob.