Author Topic: Disappointing  (Read 20507 times)

kevsat

Disappointing
« on: June 06, 2022, 09:16 pm »
been reading a lot off negative posts about the Deus 2 updates and also the Legend ...glad i didnt jump on the bandwagon and crash money out on either ,,,feel sorry for the guys who thought major gains would be made with multi freq over other mchns,,,doesnt seem to have worked

Lodge Scent

Re: Disappointing
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 01:55 am »
Interesting observation. Overall I am pleased with the D2's performance. It's definitely got some kinks to work out but it's still a superior machine. The multifrequency has definitely brought some life to my very worn out sites. Granted there aren't gold coins jumping out of the ground into my finds pouch but it is finding good targets that my D1 and my buddies Nox just couldn't see. I haven't used it on a beach yet but from all accounts it is killer in the wet salt sand. It's got some quirks that I find annoying but I expect they will be fixed with software updates.

Is it a huge improvement over the D1? I would not go that far but if you are a beach hunter, you might say that. It goes deeper than the D1 did on my sites for sure, and it is much more versatile. You are not going to get an extra foot of depth and you still have to put your coil over a good target to find it, but I don't think there is a better all-round detector on the market at the moment.

Metalurgy

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 08:49 am »
Totally agree with LS’s comments another bonus for the D2 is that the audio can be adapted to suit your hearing,better than either of the other machines mentioned.

diggers

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 11:33 am »
agreed .pre owned are making low prices on ebay as buyers wont bid higher .first adopters stand to make losses if they want to sell em..marginal improvments is what i see from comments

kevsat

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 05:17 pm »
yeah agree on the d2 on the beach its very impressive ...but in the general settings for inland is it that much better than the d1 to warrant changing ,,,my x35 is well deep so ill be sticking with her....as for the legend its a no from me ...ill keep me 600 nox

diggers

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 01:54 pm »
maybe square pitch can be useful .we need a reason to   upgrade

Metalurgy

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 08:13 am »
In fairness to the D2,I regard it as work in progress,it’s still has improvements to be made but nevertheless a bloody good machine and perhaps it’s worth trying before criticising?

mariothemoss

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2022, 12:12 pm »
I shall be upgrading when the time is right as l suspect many others will but right now lm sticking to  Deus 1 still great machine.

diggers

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 12:23 pm »
the list of complaints is now impacting prices for second hand on ebay ,not seLling AT 1200 ISH ,1300 no chance

mariothemoss

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2022, 01:33 pm »
Didn't know things that bad probably no waiting list or pre order now,lets hope xp sorts out the issues and we can rejoice again

mayhem147

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2022, 03:07 pm »
Didn't know things that bad probably no waiting list or pre order now,lets hope xp sorts out the issues and we can rejoice again

Still about 8 week before I'll have any fields to go at anyway. I'll decide then whether to stick with what I've got or pull the trigger on a D2.

Oxgirl

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2022, 09:53 am »
There’s a few very loud voices on Facebook who like to moan and complain about everything. I noticed one guy has been going from one complaint to another from day 1. I thought he’d got rid of his D2 a few months ago as he said he had but still he is complaining. Fishy!
The D2 is good. It needs quite a bit of time to learn as it has some unique quirks. Further improvements are still needed but it is already a very good machine and a lot of us are getting on well with it. There are a lot of positive posts coming through again now from the normally quieter users who have just put detecting hours with it under their belt and are loving it.

On the legend, I don’t have one but I was speaking to a very well respected machine tester yesterday and he was telling me the legend is actually a very, very good machine. He was really impressed with it. We were discussing plants on FB, put in the undermine machine’s reputations. We all know it goes on. Be interesting to see if the real users get their voices heard in the next few months, or if the machine launch fails because of more underhand tactics.

diggers

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2022, 11:23 am »
a mate in lincoln says on club digs and rallies its nothing special its hasnt found more than any other machines consistantly
so we wait for proof of its special abilities

diggers

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2022, 11:47 am »
post from fb

Cameron Wright
Hi All,
I’ve buried a Richard 1st Silver Hammered Penny in my garden at 9inches. I’ve tried every program and altered them with settings I can barely get it with anything. Really disappointing considering the cost of the machine. Seems you all have similar experiences.

mayhem147

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2022, 02:16 pm »
post from fb

Cameron Wright
Hi All,
I’ve buried a Richard 1st Silver Hammered Penny in my garden at 9inches. I’ve tried every program and altered them with settings I can barely get it with anything. Really disappointing considering the cost of the machine. Seems you all have similar experiences.

A hammered penny at 9", with the usual iron contamination level of the average garden is a tad optimistic, to say the least! I wonder if he tried any other machines on this target?