Gary's Detecting forum > General detecting talk

Disappointing

(1/14) > >>

kevsat:
been reading a lot off negative posts about the Deus 2 updates and also the Legend ...glad i didnt jump on the bandwagon and crash money out on either ,,,feel sorry for the guys who thought major gains would be made with multi freq over other mchns,,,doesnt seem to have worked

Lodge Scent:
Interesting observation. Overall I am pleased with the D2's performance. It's definitely got some kinks to work out but it's still a superior machine. The multifrequency has definitely brought some life to my very worn out sites. Granted there aren't gold coins jumping out of the ground into my finds pouch but it is finding good targets that my D1 and my buddies Nox just couldn't see. I haven't used it on a beach yet but from all accounts it is killer in the wet salt sand. It's got some quirks that I find annoying but I expect they will be fixed with software updates.

Is it a huge improvement over the D1? I would not go that far but if you are a beach hunter, you might say that. It goes deeper than the D1 did on my sites for sure, and it is much more versatile. You are not going to get an extra foot of depth and you still have to put your coil over a good target to find it, but I don't think there is a better all-round detector on the market at the moment.

Metalurgy:
Totally agree with LS’s comments another bonus for the D2 is that the audio can be adapted to suit your hearing,better than either of the other machines mentioned.

diggers:
agreed .pre owned are making low prices on ebay as buyers wont bid higher .first adopters stand to make losses if they want to sell em..marginal improvments is what i see from comments

kevsat:
yeah agree on the d2 on the beach its very impressive ...but in the general settings for inland is it that much better than the d1 to warrant changing ,,,my x35 is well deep so ill be sticking with her....as for the legend its a no from me ...ill keep me 600 nox

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version