Author Topic: Disappointing  (Read 21710 times)

Oxgirl

Re: Disappointing
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2022, 03:36 pm »
post from fb

Cameron Wright
Hi All,
I’ve buried a Richard 1st Silver Hammered Penny in my garden at 9inches. I’ve tried every program and altered them with settings I can barely get it with anything. Really disappointing considering the cost of the machine. Seems you all have similar experiences.

A hammered penny at 9", with the usual iron contamination level of the average garden is a tad optimistic, to say the least! I wonder if he tried any other machines on this target?

My thoughts too!

diggers

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2022, 10:06 am »
more on fb

Colin Smale

I sold my Deus 2 and re-purchased a deus 1 again. IMHO it is the emperor's new clothes story! I have 40+ years detecting experience. The D2 is not quite right yet, maybe it will be better than the D1 eventually but not as it is at the moment.
****************************************************************************************************
no wonder there is so many on ebay going cheap .300 quid cheaper

mayhem147

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2022, 09:14 pm »
more on fb

Colin Smale

I sold my Deus 2 and re-purchased a deus 1 again. IMHO it is the emperor's new clothes story! I have 40+ years detecting experience. The D2 is not quite right yet, maybe it will be better than the D1 eventually but not as it is at the moment.
****************************************************************************************************

Translation - "It was different and I didn't like that at all!"  ;D

Seriously though, the vast majority seem very happy with the D2. As always, the dissatisfied shout loudest.
If I do decide to get a D2, I'll still be keeping the D1, but only because the used price is so rubbish these days that it's not worth selling.

Oxgirl

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2022, 09:31 am »
more on fb

Colin Smale

I am reading this and it makes me laugh. ‘I have 40 years plus detecting experience’. So what! The D2 is a multi frequency machine and is very, very different to single frequency one and so some people won’t get on with it. The years of detecting with the original deus will have some benefits to the switch to the D2, but lots of drawbacks too. It doesn't sound the same, reacts differently to targets and setting adjustments get very different results.
But what is your point Digger? No matter what machine you or anyone else is swinging we could all find someone who is unhappy with it.

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2022, 11:43 am »
Well said Oxgirl. :)

Metalurgy

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2022, 07:22 pm »
the list of complaints is now impacting prices for second hand on ebay ,not seLling AT 1200 ISH ,1300 no chance
As a matter of interest Diggers , have you used or even seen a D2 in action or are you basing your comments on hearsay and other people’s opinions?

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2022, 11:04 pm »
I have never yet seen a metal detector be released and be universally liked, it just doesn't happen.
The unhappy always shout the loudest, those that like a machine are usually too busy detecting and having a great time.

I've owned and trialled a lot of machines, nothing bettered my Deus 1
My mate bought an Equinox, and it impresses me, Minelab made a good job of that alright.

But there's no shortage of people advising others not to buy either of the above.

Still early days, lots of happy users, and XP never said the D2 would be a magic wand. Whether or not it's worth the upgrade is a very personal thing, but I'm confident it will be successful and drown out the moaners, like all good machines do.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

diggers

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2022, 07:33 am »
i was on the regtons list for a d2 but they didnt have a machine  with 9 coil so its on the backburner now ti
ll they get probs sorted

sorry  nigel

alains formidable cockup  ::)
building 11 inch coils when everyone wanted 9inch  coils

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2022, 11:27 am »
We had some 9" coil versions from day one but sadly not many as XP (based on facts) decided the 11" coil version was the most popular version, we would agree with that. Subsequent deliveries we received a drip-feed of 9" coil versions & then a glut of them turned up to clear the backlog, that was around 3 months ago, they have been in stock since then.

Hauptmann a.D.

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2022, 09:18 am »
I own both a Deus and a Deus 2. Used the first only once since getting the Deus 2, and this was due to an empty battery on the later. So no, I'm not unhappy. The only adjustments I usually do are changing sound settings and increasing sense.
I find a good amount more small and thin coins and mini buttons and unfortunately also scrap than with the Deus 1, even if it may be mainly due to more digworthy signals.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2022, 04:12 pm »
I think if people could channel their energy and spare time into learning the machine instead of complaining they would find themselves in a better place.
I know for a fact, some complainers have never owned a Deus II, so you really have to take a step back and ask why.

Metalurgy

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2022, 07:16 pm »
We find ourselves in this strange social media world where people offer opinions without any practical experience of what they’re talking about .
Vested interest and hidden agendas come to mind.

diggers

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2022, 07:34 am »
the d2   is too expensive for many guys  and theres the d2 on ebay not selling at a discount of 200 quid so all  in all guys dont want to part with 1400 quid unless theres clear indications there is an advantage over the d1

gary can let  us know about the clear advantages over the  d1  in the mag articles

and you cant get a lite for months firther hindering sales for the less well off .

we all dont have 1400 quid to chuck around like its confetti

diggers

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2022, 07:45 am »
We find ourselves in this strange social media world where people offer opinions without any practical experience of what they’re talking about .

and yankee influencers hyped up with questionable  claims about its benefits

Lodge Scent

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2022, 01:45 pm »

and yankee influencers hyped up with questionable  claims about its benefits

Oh those darn yankee influencers. But there were just as many naysayers trashing the D2 even though they never even used it. The yankee influencers caused a lot of commotion not by over exaggerating the D2s capabilities but but daring to say it's the best detector on the market. We all know how us humans hate to hear trash talk about whatever brand of anything that we are using. All I know is I like my D2, it is a superior machine compared to my D1, and none of my buddies that went from a Nox to the D2 have any regrets.  Yes the D2 is expensive, but if I recall, the D1 was very pricey when it came out. I am not aware of anyone being forced to buy a D2 so folks should enjoy whatever detector they are using. If you have a D2 and just can't warm up to it, just sell it and get the toy you want. You can probably buy 2 popular detectors for the price of a D2.