Author Topic: Disappointing  (Read 20517 times)

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
Re: Disappointing
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2022, 03:23 pm »
I think the Deus 1 was over 1k when it was originally released.
Nigel probably has the old prices.
The Explorer 1 was £1100, the CTX 3030 was over 2k.
Fuel was 90p per litre.

I think you have to factor in R&D wages which need to be paid back into the cooperate pot at some point.

bob79

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2022, 07:33 pm »
Fuel was 90p per litre.

I think you have to factor in R&D wages which need to be paid back into the cooperate pot at some point.

D1 was £1,395 when launched in 2010, factor in inflation that would be something like £1,830 now.

mayhem147

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2022, 09:06 pm »
the d2   is too expensive for many guys  and theres the d2 on ebay not selling at a discount of 200 quid so all  in all guys dont want to part with 1400 quid unless theres clear indications there is an advantage over the d1

gary can let  us know about the clear advantages over the  d1  in the mag articles

and you cant get a lite for months firther hindering sales for the less well off .

we all dont have 1400 quid to chuck around like its confetti

Have you considered that the machines not selling on eBay at a £200 "discount" may be unsold because for the sake of the extra £200 people would just have a new one, with a full warranty? What's on offer is not a discounted machine, it's a second hand one, so £1200 is maybe a bit ambitious.

diggers

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2022, 01:20 pm »
they are       new in the box  without dirty marks    ,some have a foreign receipts whiich puts buyers off but some     have regton and detectniks receipts so should at least get some  bids ,,but no bids on em, some of them keep coming back week after week but  no buyers even at 200 and 300 quid off ..
theyre not even used in the field

Lodge Scent

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2022, 11:01 pm »
Fear of buying expensive items on flea bay is a real fear for many folks. I've bought many items from sellers on the various detecting forums but I would not from ebay. Call me paranoid if you wish.

mayhem147

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2022, 10:51 am »
they are       new in the box  without dirty marks    ,some have a foreign receipts whiich puts buyers off but some     have regton and detectniks receipts so should at least get some  bids ,,but no bids on em, some of them keep coming back week after week but  no buyers even at 200 and 300 quid off ..

Well, given the choice of £1400 for a new one or £1200 for a second hand one that could have been damaged/misused by the first owner, I'd definitely have the new one. £200 isn't enough of a saving to make the risk worthwhile. Remember, it's not a "discount", it's a second hand detector. Mind you, there's some optimistic soul with one on eBay for £1600. He think his second hand detector is worth £200 more than a new one! :o

bob79

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2022, 12:20 pm »
Fear of buying expensive items on flea bay is a real fear for many folks. I've bought many items from sellers on the various detecting forums but I would not from ebay. Call me paranoid if you wish.

I seen far too many people selling on Flebay with only stock photo's of so called machine and asked to pay by friends and family to avoid Ebay fees, which of course means you got no come back when things go belly up.

Oxgirl

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2022, 07:31 pm »

I seen far too many people selling on Flebay with only stock photo's of so called machine and asked to pay by friends and family to avoid Ebay fees, which of course means you got no come back when things go belly up.

Too many people fall for that one and get ripped off sadly  :(

diggers

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2022, 10:14 am »
one is covered by paypal ,the trader doesnt get paid until the buyer has confirmed of successful  delivery of the goods

diggers

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2022, 10:16 am »
Fuel was 90p per litre.

you get free gear so not worried about the price and writing off d1 kit

Oxgirl

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2022, 09:30 pm »
Fuel was 90p per litre.

That wasn’t necessary nor fair 👎.
Look this is simple, if you think it’s too expensive, don’t buy it.

lobo

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2022, 09:18 am »
Fuel was 90p per litre.

You're bang out of order with that remark. By all means have a pop at the detector or even the company but don't make personal comments. Gary has done, and will continue to do, a great deal for the hobby. Of course he gets free gear, he works for XP. An apology from yourself to Gary wouldn't go amiss.

Metalurgy

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2022, 09:08 pm »
How sad,not knowing where to draw the line .

mayhem147

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2022, 10:25 am »

You're missing the point. It might be in "as new" condition, but it's not new. It could have damage caused by, for example, dropping the remote. That may not be immediately obvious externally and may not be covered by the warranty - you just don't know. £200 more for a full warranty and a known history is well worth it.

diggers

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2022, 02:49 pm »
another pre owned on ebay at 1190 today, see if it gets any bids...

they were keenly contested at first but now because of bad news about faults theres usually no bids

no doubt apologists will dream up excuses for no bids taking place