Author Topic: Disappointing  (Read 20505 times)

Metalurgy

Re: Disappointing
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2022, 02:54 pm »
another pre owned on ebay at 1190 today, see if it gets any bids...

they were keenly contested at first but now because of bad news about faults theres usually no bids

no doubt apologists will dream up excuses for no bids taking place
Really?

Metalurgy

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2022, 02:56 pm »
?

diggers

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2022, 03:16 pm »
i have been following d2 s on ebay since february ,new and used ..dealers and private...there is a pattern forming

mayhem147

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2022, 03:27 pm »
another pre owned on ebay at 1190 today, see if it gets any bids...

they were keenly contested at first but now because of bad news about faults theres usually no bids

no doubt apologists will dream up excuses for no bids taking place

Cor, a mighty tenner more of a "discount"! ;D

There were bids at first simply because of a lack of availability - people wanted to get their mitts on one, even a second hand one. Now you can just walk into a shop or order online and buy one, nobody wants the slightly cheaper cast offs. That is the very simple reason for the lack of interest in the used machines.

I haven't got one, by the way, so I'm not defending my machine of choice. I'm just not seeing all the "bad news" that you are and may well get one in due course. When I do though, it'll be a new one ;)

bentley240

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2022, 06:13 pm »
i have been following d2 s on ebay since february ,new and used ..dealers and private...there is a pattern forming
I think you may be on to something, I have also noticed the same pattern thats forming, my own personal and in depth statistical research based on the start price compared to the accepted offer or actual selling price for used D2s on ebay leads me to firmly conclude that the world is flat.

Lodge Scent

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2022, 07:04 pm »
I think you may be on to something, I have also noticed the same pattern thats forming, my own personal and in depth statistical research based on the start price compared to the accepted offer or actual selling price for used D2s on ebay leads me to firmly conclude that the world is flat.

;D ;D ;D Well said Bentley.

Oxgirl

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2022, 09:50 pm »

;D ;D ;D Well said Bentley.

;) ;D ;D

diggers

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2022, 01:54 pm »
the d2 on ebay at 1190 is still  unsold 

wonder why at a 200 discount,

bob79

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2022, 03:04 pm »
the d2 on ebay at 1190 is still  unsold 

wonder why at a 200 discount,

Have you read the description, some scratches so don't expect a new machine, there is only one stock photo no pics of scratches, seller saying nearly 3 years warranty, Xp do 5 year warranty.
You are basically buying it blind,.no wonder it's not sold.

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2022, 03:41 pm »
& just to add my 4pence worth. It's all very well saying the remainder of the manufacturers warranty is included but only worth having if it's a genuine UK machine. If it's not then it has to go back to the seller in whichever Country sold it (good luck with the paperwork) & secondly what happens when you find the original owner decided to take a little look inside, oops, warranty gone & presumably it's with a repair agent because of an issue. We have, in the past seen badly re-assembled Deus 1 remotes & many headphones that have been screwed by a DIY attempt. So, my point is, why would you risk saving on the off chance everything goes well.

diggers

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2022, 09:51 am »
problem with the remote when it works is that the recessed buttons collect dirt and water so they need to be flush tell alain
and its too cluttered
not as good as  d1 facia

design error

Oxgirl

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2022, 11:03 am »
problem with the remote when it works is that the recessed buttons collect dirt and water so they need to be flush tell alain
and its too cluttered
not as good as  d1 facia

design error

But you can wash it easily as it’s waterproof. It isn’t a design fault, it works brilliantly.

Metalurgy

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2022, 08:55 pm »
and its too cluttered
not as good as  d1 facia

design error???
Utter nonsense

bentley240

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2022, 09:04 pm »
and its too cluttered
not as good as  d1 facia

design error

Are you holding the machine upside down ?, holding the machine by the coil and swinging the arm cuff over the floor will not work.

I would like to know what the exact issues are that are causing such a tirade of machine bashing, I dont partake in the big brand social media world, so dont really understand what the real issue is, apart from it getting dirty when you have dirty hands or gloves, what is the real source of pain you are feeling? Perhaps a handkerchief and a rub down would solve your dirty issues in the field?

lobo

« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2022, 09:56 am »
No matter whether the remote is waterproof or not, I always buy and fit a protective cover over it.
It's so easy to take off, clean, replace.