Author Topic: Disappointing  (Read 20513 times)

diggers

Re: Disappointing
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2022, 03:42 pm »
another brand new d2 on ebay at 970 quid thats not bad eh
guy in london with detectnic receipt in mint condition

a  bargain

Oxgirl

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2022, 06:38 pm »

a  bargain

Digger go eat your popcorn elsewhere  ::)

Lodge Scent

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2022, 12:55 am »

a  bargain

Digger go eat your popcorn elsewhere  ::)

;D ;D ;D Digger is indeed enjoying himself on this forum.

mayhem147

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2022, 01:14 am »

a  bargain

If it's such a bargain, buy it. Then you can tell us all what you think of it.

Alternatively, you can keep telling everyone how a machine that you've never owner nor used is rubbish.

I'm guessing you'll be going for the latter option ;D

Connor

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2022, 09:49 am »
I think the minority of the people who bought a D2 expect a overall better machine then the D1, and I think it is, look at his versatility and I think the updates will bring much more in the future, the only thing that bothers me is that de Nokta legend  unmasking capabilitys is beyond and I hope the D2 get something similar.

Lodge Scent

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2022, 01:15 am »
I think the minority of the people who bought a D2 expect a overall better machine then the D1, and I think it is, look at his versatility and I think the updates will bring much more in the future, the only thing that bothers me is that de Nokta legend  unmasking capabilitys is beyond and I hope the D2 get something similar.

The Nokta Legend can unmask better than a Deus (1 or 2) ? That will be a HUGE surprise to my buddy who has all 3 machines and knows how to use all 3 machines.

Connor

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2022, 10:02 am »
Hi:-) well what I have seen with the new update is I think another level,.but then again in don't own a legend , do you have the new update? Gr.c

LiamNolan

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2022, 08:04 am »
I had a VERY battered old Deus for many years from new and had enormous enjoyment and success, had the GMP before that which helped a smooth transition. Recently I bought an almost new Deus1 with HF coil and standard, had the cash for a D2 but not sure if there would be some teething issues. As is the case with ALL electronic devices I suppose.
Getting on great with Deus1 but will follow the feedback on the D2 and may buy one later on.
The hobby has seen an enormous rise in people assuming that spending more equals getting more and sadly that is not the case! Good detecting skills are a pre-requisite for success out on the fields and using a machine that you know inside out and on all ground and conditions.
A good day out detecting does not always mean having hammies etc in the finds pouch. Good buddies, banter, the great outdoors, decent historical land to attack and hopefully some decent finds all make up a good day out!
Patience and understanding go a long way in detecting and it certainly took ME a LONG time to get the most out of my Deus1. D2 will be a better machine no doubt, its just whether its presently worth laying out the cash, Liam   

Lodge Scent

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2022, 01:30 pm »
Well said Liam!

I love my D1. And like you, I put a lot of effort into becoming proficient with it. I knew what every tweak I made to the settings would do and what the machine was telling me. I have the D2. Great machine. Superior to the D1 with its multifrequency platform for the type of detecting I do. But I am not proficient with it yet and some days I am almost tempted to grab the D1 to go hunting just to have that level of comfort and confidence that I don't have with the D2 just yet. I hunt a lot in the iron and the D2 is unmasking targets that the D1 couldn't see, so I will keep working with the D2 until I know it like I know the D1.