Author Topic: Gone and done it.  (Read 6874 times)

lobo

Gone and done it.
« on: June 29, 2022, 06:55 pm »
Well after months of deliberation i've gone and done it, collected a D2.
Now, where's the "On" button.  ;D

Lodge Scent

Re: Gone and done it.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 03:30 am »
Congrats Lobo! I think you will be happy with your purchase. I am warming up to mine. Of course I had to try every program mode, but once I decided to really focus on just one mode, things fell into place. Good luck!

lobo

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 08:40 am »
Congrats Lobo! I think you will be happy with your purchase. I am warming up to mine. Of course I had to try every program mode, but once I decided to really focus on just one mode, things fell into place. Good luck!

Thanks Lodge Scent, I sould be out with it in the near future.
It's on V.06 at the moment. I'm led to believe it's the best version to be on, as opposed to V.07or V.071.
What are peoples thoughts on that ?

Oxgirl

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 11:09 am »
Congratulations! Version .6 is good but so is the latest version. Everyone has their own personal views on it but it’s difficult to really test which is better at the moment as land is too dry. Personally I think .71 is brilliant and as good as .6.

When you start using it don’t miss out ground balancing in your start up procedure. On the D1 that wasn’t a big deal but on the D2 it really does impact  performance. Be prepared for a steep learning curve. It’s a great machine once you have mastered its quirks. It doesn’t react the same as a D1 on many targets so you’ll need to try and get your head round that. It’s worth the effort though  ;D

lobo

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 11:42 am »
Congratulations! Version .6 is good but so is the latest version. Everyone has their own personal views on it but it’s difficult to really test which is better at the moment as land is too dry. Personally I think .71 is brilliant and as good as .6.

When you start using it don’t miss out ground balancing in your start up procedure. On the D1 that wasn’t a big deal but on the D2 it really does impact  performance. Be prepared for a steep learning curve. It’s a great machine once you have mastered its quirks. It doesn’t react the same as a D1 on many targets so you’ll need to try and get your head round that. It’s worth the effort though  ;D

Thank you for your input Oxgirl, very much appreciated.

Metalurgy

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 07:24 pm »

Thanks Lodge Scent, I sould be out with it in the near future.
It's on V.06 at the moment. I'm led to believe it's the best version to be on, as opposed to V.07or V.071.
What are peoples thoughts on that ?
I’d say the latest update is as good as 06 but it’s worth trying what you have first,you can always update to compare and revert if you don’t like it.
There’s a lot of information out there now,not all of it good but if you’re an experienced d1 user I think your nose will tell you what to take notice of.
It’s a great machine and I hope you enjoy it as much as I and many others have.

lobo

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 02:14 pm »
Can the data cable for the Deus 1 be used on the Deus 2 WS6 headphones when updating ?

Oxgirl

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 08:49 pm »
Can the data cable for the Deus 1 be used on the Deus 2 WS6 headphones when updating ?

Yes it can.

lobo

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2022, 09:34 pm »
Thank you young lady.

lobo

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 07:18 pm »
First time out with the D2 yesterday.  Not the best of sites for finds so will keep an open mind on how well it can perform.
All finds made could easily have been found with the D1. There were several custom programs in the machine when I got it.  I tried 2 of them, one from a reputable tester.
Just didn't seem to have the punch that the D1 has !! Early days so I hope things improve.

Lodge Scent

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2022, 11:54 pm »
Lobo, the D2 definitely has the punch that the D1 had and then some in my opinion.......It's just got a whole different audio experience that takes a while to get used to. I dug a super deep KGII half penny a few weeks ago from a pounded colonial era homesite. Probably the deepest copper that I have ever dug. Just keep swinging and the finds will come.

lobo

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 08:39 am »
Lobo, the D2 definitely has the punch that the D1 had and then some in my opinion.......It's just got a whole different audio experience that takes a while to get used to. I dug a super deep KGII half penny a few weeks ago from a pounded colonial era homesite. Probably the deepest copper that I have ever dug. Just keep swinging and the finds will come.

Thanks Lodge Scent.