Author Topic: New P.I machine  (Read 4464 times)

lobo

New P.I machine
« on: July 29, 2022, 06:21 pm »
Garrett are on the verge of releasing a new pulse induction metal detector. It's called the Axiom and looks a sleek machine. The only disappointment, for me, is that the control box is weatherproof not waterproof. I don't know anything about the designers but hope that they have used some of the Whites TDI technology which in turn goes back to the legendary Eric Foster. It does appear to offer an amount of ferrous i.d. which is the holy grail for p.i. machines. As of yet I haven't seen any price information, so await with interest.

bob79

Re: New P.I machine
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 08:18 pm »
Designed primary as a gold machine, ie Australia, Africa and to some extent USA, hence the weatherproof.
Looks a quite nice machine, not sure about the arm cuff looks a bit flimsy, a few videos kicking around YouTube including one by Gerrys Detectors, he found a chunky nugget first time out🙄
I'm wondering if this will be the same set up for the At Pro replacement when it finally appears.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Re: New P.I machine
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 03:09 pm »
Good to see Garrett releasing new machines, but as said already, more likely aimed at the gold hunters and not so much the European market.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....