Gary's Detecting forum > General detecting talk

The Mackro legend good or bad ?

(1/2) > >>

nailman:
Has anyone got a Nokia Mackro it’s all gone very quite I always prefer feedback from genuine owners not U tube guys who are getting paid or a free machine. ( I worked in marketing so know all the tricks )

Deus 2 out of my budget and don’t gel with Minelab although one-off our club members uses a Vanquish and finds the stuff

lobo:
I had one just as V0.05 was out. It was deep and accurate with ferrous i.d. Then came v0.06 which was a nonstarter and Nokta pulled the plug on that and went to V0.07. This destroyed the depth and so I parted with it. I believe V0.09 IS doing the business but as I no longer have one I cannot verify that. I do intend to get another Legend at a later date as I believe it's extremely good value for money plus Nokta do communicate with their customers on a regular basis. One of my detecting buddies has just purchased a new one so I will get an idea on how it's performing in relation to my two machines. (Deus 2 & Nox 800). For what it's worth I would recommend buying one.

mariothemoss:
 lm looking to up grade also want deus 2 but am not convinced yet and now minelab have a new machine choice's  choices still using. deus 1 and after being a hot program die hard recently been using the sonar program its flipping awesome can't imagine any detector being better.

Metalurgy:
I’ve been using the sonar prog but on the D2 @ 30 kHz mono,a bit like the white D1 HF coil and can confirm it’s impressive.

Keith67:

--- Quote from: lobo on September 01, 2022, 09:13 am ---I had one just as V0.05 was out. It was deep and accurate with ferrous i.d. Then came v0.06 which was a nonstarter and Nokta pulled the plug on that and went to V0.07. This destroyed the depth and so I parted with it. I believe V0.09 IS doing the business but as I no longer have one I cannot verify that. I do intend to get another Legend at a later date as I believe it's extremely good value for money plus Nokta do communicate with their customers on a regular basis. One of my detecting buddies has just purchased a new one so I will get an idea on how it's performing in relation to my two machines. (Deus 2 & Nox 800). For what it's worth I would recommend buying one.

--- End quote ---

Interesting how the various updates add something but also take away.  I do think this is a weakness with Nokta/Makro, it's almost as if they are experimenting rather than knowing what they are doing. If it goes wrong, drop it and try another one !  I think this is something they need to sort out because it raises question marks and stops many people having trust in their machines?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version