Gary's Detecting forum > General detecting talk

Should have listened to Gary..

(1/2) > >>

The oil man:
Evening fellow diggers..

A couple of times I've heard Gary say about not leaving your detector in in cold damp conditions e.g car or garage etc.      ( common sense really).
Anyway after retiring the  Vista Smart from main service it's been residing in my car so I've always got a spare just in case .

Anyway this was to my peril earlier when a friend asked me to come and help clear some ground of nails and only having the Smart on board i switched it on to a constant tone  ???.

I couldn't get any joy so had to call it off for another day and returned home and after fiddling popped it in the airing cupboard in the hope this might dry out any moisture .

I'm hoping I've got away with it as within a couple of hours I've switched and all seems back to normal 🤞 pheeew..

In the back of my mind i knew it wasn't a good idea but i should of listened.

Lesson learnt..

Lodge Scent:
Thanks for sharing that Oilee. Glad it came back for you. Plus I also learned what an "airing cupboard" was. Great idea! I could use one of those quite often!

The oil man:
You live  and learn Lodgey  ;D   :)

mayhem147:

--- Quote from: Lodge Scent on February 02, 2023, 10:46 pm ---Thanks for sharing that Oilee. Glad it came back for you. Plus I also learned what an "airing cupboard" was. Great idea! I could use one of those quite often!

--- End quote ---

Blimey Lodge, don't you have those over there? :o

Lodge Scent:
They certainly aren't common Mayhem.....at least not here in New England. Everyone has a linen closet in their bathrooms for towels etc., but it's just storage. There is no heating or air circulation in them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version