Gary's Detecting forum > General detecting talk

Is it unusual?

(1/2) > >>

The oil man:
Evening fellow dirt sharks  ;D

( Detectorists fans will get it )

I've got a field really close to home with loads of iron but very little in the way of finds 🤔

I reckon I've spent around 10 hours in there had about 10 buttons,a few toasted coins, usual rubbish and out of the blue
One silver denarius 😳

It's pasture and hasn't been ploughed for years so maybe there's more goodies but they're deep 🤔

It's the sort of field that doesn't want to give up much 😐

Gary:
That's so common, has cattle been grazing on it? If so the salt content will be high which can sometimes be difficult to unlock those targets.

Albion:

--- Quote from: Gary on March 02, 2023, 09:33 pm ---That's so common, has cattle been grazing on it? If so the salt content will be high which can sometimes be difficult to unlock those targets.

--- End quote ---

That's interesting. I never thought about that aspect of livestock on a field. Does it also apply to horses ?

The oil man:

--- Quote from: Gary on March 02, 2023, 09:33 pm ---That's so common, has cattle been grazing on it? If so the salt content will be high which can sometimes be difficult to unlock those targets.

--- End quote ---

There has Gary so maybe that's it 🤔

I keep going there as it's so close but with few rewards 😐

Off to a new permission Sunday however so fingers crossed..

Keith67:
Keep going Oily, the Roman shows potential, at least if it's local you can do short "maybe get lucky" hunts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version