Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General detecting talk / Re: War has been declared !!
« Last Post by mayhem147 on November 25, 2021, 10:25 am »
Nontheless, the wait still goes on for both XP & Nokta Makro to show what their SMF machines can do. Also, neither company have issued a "User Manual" . It's looking more and more like 2022 before the models are in the shops.  :(

Still "early December" for the Deus II, I was told by LP.
General detecting talk / Re: Looking for a program for finding lead bullets
« Last Post by Metalurgy on November 25, 2021, 08:02 am »
 Overall not bad but still concerned that I could not find a lead bullet. It was a suggestion on another site that I need to drop the frequency to 4 and that will get more bullets.

Maybe there aren’t any bullets where you searched?The fact that you’re finding other targets which are not as loud as lead,suggests you may need to look elsewhere or keep on hammering away where you are.
General detecting talk / Re: Looking for a program for finding lead bullets
« Last Post by THing4CSA on November 25, 2021, 03:59 am »
Hi All My Fellow TH'ers
OK, I did a couple of adjustments to the Sonar Program, I increased the Frequency to 54.0, dropped the Reactivity to 2.5, Increased the Audio Response to 4, increased the ground balance to 90, increased the Sensitivity to 97, increased the Iron volume to 1. The outcome was mixed, My finds were five flat buttons, two small pieces of camp lead, one large piece of lead, five new cents, one new dime, the top of a oil lamp with the wick adjuster, one brass rivet, and a mouth harp. Overall not bad but still concerned that I could not find a lead bullet. It was a suggestion on another site that I need to drop the frequency to 4 and that will get more bullets. We will give that a try in two weeks on my next TH. ;-)
« Last Post by lobo on November 24, 2021, 10:10 pm »
Nontheless, the wait still goes on for both XP & Nokta Makro to show what their SMF machines can do. Also, neither company have issued a "User Manual" . It's looking more and more like 2022 before the models are in the shops.  :(
« Last Post by Lodge Scent on November 24, 2021, 09:28 pm »
That was entertaining as far as rants go.  ;D But I suspect it was a rant "manufactured" to get publicity for the Legend, and get people talking about it. If so, she was successful.   ;D
« Last Post by mayhem147 on November 24, 2021, 06:54 pm »

See, I told you it was war !!
 ;D

That's the problem for Dilek. It could get to be punch and counter-punch if she allows it to continue like this. The people that have clearly wound her up now have confirmation that they've done so and will probably do it even more now...
« Last Post by Keith67 on November 24, 2021, 06:10 pm »
Dilek has released a video in response too the bashing that the launch got, also a bit miffed at Nokta being accused of reverse engineering the Nox and sticking it in a Simplex housing.

See, I told you it was war !!
 ;D
« Last Post by mayhem147 on November 24, 2021, 01:50 pm »
Dilek has released a video in response too the bashing that the launch got, also a bit miffed at Nokta being accused of reverse engineering the Nox and sticking it in a Simplex housing.

Blimey, that was a proper rant! :o

I have to say though, I do quite like her very direct combative style. It's certainly unconventional in the marketing arena, but refreshingly different, and she's clearly not going to sit back and leave the negative comments unchallenged!
« Last Post by bob79 on November 24, 2021, 11:13 am »

« Last Post by Keith67 on November 23, 2021, 09:22 pm »
Trying to directly fight an existing competitor in the market is very dangerous. It’s not a good look but, more importantly, it stifles innovation. They just try and improve existing technology rather than inventing something new.

It’s what Nokia and their competitors did in the 90s/ early 2000’s in the mobile phone market. Then in swoops Apple who re invented the phone and the existing big boys are caught with their pants down still comparing the size of their Y fronts  ;)

I’d like to see Nokta doing something truly new. Being cheaper than your competitors isn’t usually the best marketing approach for anyone with a long term future. They need to start having a longer term strategy for their products - it’s currently getting a launch, sell, dump and move on in 2-3 years reputation for its models which is being noticed.

Some valid points there Oxgirl.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10