Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
General detecting talk / Re: Should have listened to Gary..
« Last Post by Lodge Scent on February 02, 2023, 10:46 pm »
Thanks for sharing that Oilee. Glad it came back for you. Plus I also learned what an "airing cupboard" was. Great idea! I could use one of those quite often!
General detecting talk / Should have listened to Gary..
« Last Post by The oil man on February 02, 2023, 08:57 pm »
Evening fellow diggers..

A couple of times I've heard Gary say about not leaving your detector in in cold damp conditions e.g car or garage etc.      ( common sense really).
Anyway after retiring the  Vista Smart from main service it's been residing in my car so I've always got a spare just in case .

Anyway this was to my peril earlier when a friend asked me to come and help clear some ground of nails and only having the Smart on board i switched it on to a constant tone  ???.

I couldn't get any joy so had to call it off for another day and returned home and after fiddling popped it in the airing cupboard in the hope this might dry out any moisture .

I'm hoping I've got away with it as within a couple of hours I've switched and all seems back to normal 🤞 pheeew..

In the back of my mind i knew it wasn't a good idea but i should of listened.

Lesson learnt..

General detecting talk / Re: which one
« Last Post by mariothemoss on January 10, 2023, 11:25 am »
Love guns pcp really seems to be the way to go,but there a again my trusty fwb has a new lease of life never been so smooth in operation and powerful as well , pcp guns very accurate though,but there again  springer is still pretty fare,no doubt a mad moment will prevail  soon  ;D
« Last Post by The oil man on January 09, 2023, 10:08 am »
Would the Deus 11 be that much better ?

Pcp mate 👍 can't beat a new gun day 🙂🤸🤸🤸

« Last Post by Lodge Scent on January 08, 2023, 09:16 pm »
Tough choice Mario. Which new toy would you use more ?
General detecting talk / which one
« Last Post by mariothemoss on January 08, 2023, 09:50 am »
Deus 2 or pcp air rifle that is the question been  wanting both for sometime have deus one and my my trusty Feinwerkbau 127 sport recently  tuned springer both my pride and joys need a new toy though. ;D
General detecting talk / Re: Which version.?
« Last Post by lobo on December 22, 2022, 06:51 pm »
Thank you all for the comments, will give General a go next time out.
« Last Post by Oxgirl on December 21, 2022, 10:33 pm »
ive had to eat some serious amounts of humble pie with the d2 ..i was sucked in to the negativity and griping about performance on it at first .. but reading through some feedback from some veterans i bit the bullet with a lite version ..so glad i did now that ive dialled into the audio im 100 percent happy with its power and sensitivity ..im stuck into the general programe because it just delivers everytime i take it out ...

General is bloody good - very stable and sensitive. I flitted between a few programmes for a while but have also been happily stuck on General for quite a few months with no intention of changing it. Tweaking reactivity deals very well with different land conditions.
« Last Post by kevsat on December 21, 2022, 02:22 pm »
ive had to eat some serious amounts of humble pie with the d2 ..i was sucked in to the negativity and griping about performance on it at first .. but reading through some feedback from some veterans i bit the bullet with a lite version ..so glad i did now that ive dialled into the audio im 100 percent happy with its power and sensitivity ..im stuck into the general programe because it just delivers everytime i take it out ...
« Last Post by Lodge Scent on December 21, 2022, 02:39 am »
I agree with the crowd Lobo. Just as deep as previous version. I've also been amazed at even at a Reactivity of 0.5, I've dug some deep old coppers that were colocated with old square nails.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10