Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
General detecting talk / Re: I have to ask...
« Last Post by 13oots2 on October 29, 2022, 06:58 pm »
I think it stands for Wild In Deep Earth.
« Last Post by DAN FOX on October 26, 2022, 01:23 pm »
A force field that keeps Nox users at least sixty feet away  ;) ;) ;D

Now that would be handy
« Last Post by mayhem147 on October 26, 2022, 09:34 am »
Is it a 5ft diameter coil, like those huge Nexus ones?

That would look hilarious on a Deus stem ;D
« Last Post by nailman on October 25, 2022, 05:53 pm »
A force field that keeps Nox users at least sixty feet away  ;) ;) ;D
General detecting talk / I have to ask...
« Last Post by DAN FOX on October 25, 2022, 01:05 pm »
Gary, what is Wide 5 ???

General detecting talk / Re: Disappointing
« Last Post by Lodge Scent on October 18, 2022, 01:30 pm »
Well said Liam!

I love my D1. And like you, I put a lot of effort into becoming proficient with it. I knew what every tweak I made to the settings would do and what the machine was telling me. I have the D2. Great machine. Superior to the D1 with its multifrequency platform for the type of detecting I do. But I am not proficient with it yet and some days I am almost tempted to grab the D1 to go hunting just to have that level of comfort and confidence that I don't have with the D2 just yet. I hunt a lot in the iron and the D2 is unmasking targets that the D1 couldn't see, so I will keep working with the D2 until I know it like I know the D1.
General detecting talk / Re: Disappointing
« Last Post by LiamNolan on October 18, 2022, 08:04 am »
I had a VERY battered old Deus for many years from new and had enormous enjoyment and success, had the GMP before that which helped a smooth transition. Recently I bought an almost new Deus1 with HF coil and standard, had the cash for a D2 but not sure if there would be some teething issues. As is the case with ALL electronic devices I suppose.
Getting on great with Deus1 but will follow the feedback on the D2 and may buy one later on.
The hobby has seen an enormous rise in people assuming that spending more equals getting more and sadly that is not the case! Good detecting skills are a pre-requisite for success out on the fields and using a machine that you know inside out and on all ground and conditions.
A good day out detecting does not always mean having hammies etc in the finds pouch. Good buddies, banter, the great outdoors, decent historical land to attack and hopefully some decent finds all make up a good day out!
Patience and understanding go a long way in detecting and it certainly took ME a LONG time to get the most out of my Deus1. D2 will be a better machine no doubt, its just whether its presently worth laying out the cash, Liam   
General detecting talk / Re: First Hammered falls to the Vista X
« Last Post by The oil man on October 05, 2022, 05:47 am »
I haven't Mayhem but thanks for your thoughts.
I think finding them is sometimes easier than the identification  ::)
« Last Post by mayhem147 on October 05, 2022, 04:58 am »
Nicely done. Have you got an ID?

I can get as far as Canterbury mint and Henry III or John, but don't know which.
« Last Post by Keith67 on October 02, 2022, 02:06 am »
Hi Keith  :)

Yes mate Hex coil.

Really chuffed with the X mate ,this was a cracking little signal at about 4 inches 👍

Got the old Vista Smart in the back of the car as a spare ( he's actually in semi retirement but I haven't told him  ;D)

You been out much ?

It's lovely to get out away from the telly and all the bad news they keep on about 👍

haven't been out for months mate but hope to be back on it very soon.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10