Author Topic: do you use headphones  (Read 8344 times)

oscar6972

Re: do you use headphones
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 12:22 pm »
I use them because I don't want to miss an targets. I would guarantee if I wasn't then I would miss targets so it's a simple choice for me.

Also the external noise can attract unwanted attention from walkers, cyclists and other people you don't want knowing you are detecting. I don't mind a quick chat with anyone, but when you're surrounded by 6 pikeys who've heard your detector from 200 yards away that's a different matter! also from another aspect if you are close to farm dwellings, I don't think Mr Farmer is going to be happy listening to bleeps all day, because the noise does carry an awful long way!

Probes are a lot quieter and most can be made silent and use vibrate only, or you can muffle the noise with your hand.

So go ahead, if you don't want to use them on your own sites that's fine. But don't complain when someone else comes on and cleans up and they're using headphones  8)

impos1

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 01:19 pm »
, and what are you going to do about noise from pinpointers

Bear in mind pinpointers are possibly only used 5-10% of the time.
XP Deus
Makro Racer
Whites v3i
Whites MX5

wickenuk

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 02:33 pm »
if you want to come to visit my permission to show me your superior methods then you're welcome.

Willy muffit

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 10:53 pm »
to me that sounds a bit sarcastic mate ?

when all people have done is point out in a polite friendly way the BLINDINLY OBVIOUS benefits ?

I.E ya wanna find more stuff wear headphone /your not bothered about finding the whisper quiet signals that are normally the best finds that you wont hear by not wearing headphones
your choice
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

wickenuk

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2016, 05:02 am »
I'm just replying to what has been said to me ,if you think thats sarcastic that's your problem mate

Peter

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2016, 08:30 am »
9 posts and a bad attitude towards others trying to help after you asked questions . Not looking good is it ? Maybe you shouldn`t have asked in the first place if your not willing to listen to answers without getting arsey with people in return.

Questions,..." Do the majority of members on here wear them and if so do you think that they help distinguishing between the various tones ?"

On the offensive.....
" I reserve the right to please myself "
"if you want to come to visit my permission to show me your superior methods then you're welcome."
" ,if you think thats sarcastic that's your problem mate."

And all given because you didn`t like the replies people tried to give you honest advice & help you, after YOU ASKED questions  .

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2016, 08:59 am »
I wouldn't go to a rally or club event without them having read this ,but on my permission with no one else about I reserve the right to please myself , having said that thanks for replying and I am now considering which headphones to buy I have a t2dse and would like to ask opinions of which headphones would match up well with this detector . I never used to use a pinpointer but having read about them on here I took the plunge and bought a nokta pinpointer which I now wouldn't be without maybe it will be the same with headphones
[/Equote]

Your welcome. Look forward to hearing how you get on when you try them.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

wickenuk

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2016, 05:08 pm »
I didn't realise that inviting someone to share my permission was being arsey as you put it , i think your post is more inflammatory than anything I've written ,i am quite prepared to take advice of anyone ,but so far I've been called sarcastic and arsey not the kind of advice i expected ,

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2016, 05:21 pm »
Enough please, be civil at all times remember what makes this forum special....

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2016, 07:55 pm »
Enough please, be civil at all times remember what makes this forum special....

Amen to that.

Hauptmann aD

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2016, 10:17 am »
The only time I did not use headphones was a beach detecting day with my old GMP, as I had them forgotten at home. Was not very pleasant with all the noise from wind and waves.

For me headphones are a must, since I cannot only distinguish and locate the signals much better, but it is also a matter of attention to other peope. There must not walk a beeping thing around.

As for the Pinpointer: Either you can make it vibrate only or you can consider, that it is much more rarely giving signals than the detector.
With the new XP pointer the external noise should also be history.

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

MrRagtop

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 03:46 am »
This is the very first post I've read on this forum since joining yesterday. If this is the kind of stuff and responses that goes on here then no thank you. P.S. after reading thru this post, I would never ask a question.

Willy muffit

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 09:43 pm »
goodbye 
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 01:27 am »
This is the very first post I've read on this forum since joining yesterday. If this is the kind of stuff and responses that goes on here then no thank you. P.S. after reading thru this post, I would never ask a question.

Please don't judge the forum on one thread.  There are always going to be conversations and comments that spark the emotions  ;D This forum has been the greatest help for me since I started detecting.  Most forums I have seen and tried are nothing like as helpful and friendly as this one.  Stick with it buddy.  Please read a few more threads and see what you think.

Peter

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 09:54 am »

The first post you read was from a guy who had an attitude problem. He asked a few questions and then because he didn`t like the answers ,he got arsey with a couple of guys who actually took a few moments of their time to attempt to answer him truthfully , and then he decided to throw his toys out of the pram because he didn`t like what he heard and replying with "I reserve the right to please myself ! ".  Not a good way to start gelling with people I`d say if your going to  bite the hand that is going to feed you. 
 If your new on a forum and you ask questions thinking you already KNOW the answer why ask them in the first place ? 
 It sounds to me like you have a similar attitude problem  judging by your first post ,so  maybe sticking to your American  Forums like Findmall or TreasureNet, where they only answer in two or three words in a post, will suit you better. But here in the UK quite a few of us  tell it as it is straight ,and to the point  but at the same time without dancing around the Maypole blowing kisses to each other and Cooing in each others earole.