Author Topic: Detecting Technological Advances, "where is it going"?  (Read 9830 times)

Redfoot

Re: Detecting Technological Advances, "where is it going"?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2017, 09:54 pm »
Well that proves its been going on a long time now consider how many permissions we as a hobby will lose after the first prosecution when they say your honour we have based our assessment of the monies made based on the fact that according to the telephone masts at XYZ there were 175 mobile phones within the 35 acres owned by Mr. Smith for 8 hours on such and such a date, oh yes your honour he is a copy of the rally details from Facebook or so and so's forum page they said they were charging £?? for the weekend plus camping plus food plus entertainment please send Mr. Smith to jail do not let him pass go, we live in a different time now, the establishment are using technology more and more to gain any revenue that they can it is only a matter of time and the balloon will burst and our hobby will be greatly reduced in size permissions will be even harder to get, all so we can tie in our mobiles with our detectors

Peter

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2017, 10:05 pm »
They`ve been forecasting the banning of Metal Detecting since the late 70`s and its STILL HERE , so again, nothings changed .  I just see silly people in the Archaeology depts and the likes of English Heritage  Sabre rattling and giving out threat rhetoric annually, but !! were still here . Its all Hype and Gobbledygook ranting ,and frankly I`d take it with a pinch of Salt . I go to sleep at night and you know what , none of it ever passes my thoughts because If I ever got to the stage where I worried about it , I`d work myself into an early grave ..

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2017, 11:57 pm »
From what I have researched, metal detecting has a healthier relationship with archs than ever before, and there is far more evidence that we do more good than there used to be.  There will always be those that refuse to change their mind.  They would never ban detecting based on rally fees and money, they would tax it and make sure they got a fat wedge of it.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

GP27

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2017, 09:42 pm »
well there is certainly mixed feelings on this issue lol, I for one love new tech and would want to be there using it, however it is a personal choice and those that want to use the ear drum can, no one would force them to upgrade, my hearing is slowly getting worse so a visual aid too would definantly be of interest to me.
The avoidance of tax would be the farmers problem for not disclosing it, I ran a rally a few weeks back and the farmer is going to be paid, its all above board in our club accounts stating the farmers details and a cheque made payable to him, its not our clubs responsibility to ensure he reports the unearned income to the revenue that's down to him.

Happy hunting every one which ever way you chose to go.

jackel

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2017, 05:47 pm »
I have seen a lot of changes in metal detecting over the years especially with the progress of technology, for example, GPS bluetooth and all the modifications you can alter on machines within the field and within the comfort of your own home such as downloading updates etc.

I have also never known so many people that are actually involved with the hobby unless they were always around and this has only been highlighted more through social media, such as Facebook, Twitter etc. The amount of groups on Facebook is unreal some years ago there was only ever a metal detecting forum such as this one.

Personally i think there can be a lot of hype regarding technology on new metal detectors last club dig i attended i noticed more people actually fiddling about with their machines than actually detecting. I like technology but regarding metal detecting i like to keep the technology simple and try and control 'It' instead of becoming overwhelmed with the array of settings.