Author Topic: Whats your favourite past machine?  (Read 8486 times)

GP27

Re: Whats your favourite past machine?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2017, 10:34 am »
Keith, you asked the question but what was your first?

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 03:06 pm »
Keith, you asked the question but what was your first?

I don't really qualify for an answer.  Started detecting in January 2016 with my Deus. The only machine I have had and no longer have was a Sorex Pro so I don't have much to choose from and that's putting it mildly  ;D  I just like hearing the thoughts and feedback on the hobby from the forums more experienced fraternity.  It's an enjoyable education  ;)
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

unclened

• Gold members
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2017, 05:22 pm »
arado 120b

muckyfingers

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2017, 05:34 pm »
my mate had the arado 120b way back in the late 90's, he has had a few detector since then and openly admits it is the deepest detector
he has owned, heavy beast but went DEEP down, great on pasture fields.
mick.

bob79

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2017, 05:35 pm »
Would be good to meet up and try one or two of the oldies and compare with modern ones.

Willy muffit

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2017, 10:27 pm »
not my oldest but one I should of kept the Tesoro Lobo SuperTRAQ
I imported an ex demo one from the States ( I got stung with import tax and vat) as I could not get one  here
I  found loads with that detector
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

jackel

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2017, 10:29 pm »
I really liked the Minelab Sov XS 2 A Pro, great machine and the tones are probably the best i have ever heard on all the machines i have had. Also found my first gold coin with the Sov.

Not so good for recovery speed  on ploughed land, but for pasture and beaches brilliant machine.

Eadberhtus

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 07:54 pm »
Tesoro U-Max, brilliant, clear, crisp and rakes in change on the parks. It pays for all the fuel on the serious trips and also connected to my most expensive find. Still got it.

Billy

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 06:23 pm »
Got to be my x3  .. still pulling very good finds with it

nailman

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 08:43 pm »
Tesoro U-Max, brilliant, clear, crisp and rakes in change on the parks. It pays for all the fuel on the serious trips and also connected to my most expensive find. Still got it.

My back up machine is a Laser scout love it, it's beep and dig but very sharp on Silver coind
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 08:54 pm »

My back up machine is a Laser scout love it, it's beep and dig but very sharp on Silver coind

Interesting Naily, I have a feeling that there are a few out there that like a beep and dig back up for an alternative with simplicity.  Even Gary was giving high praise to the XP ADX 150 a while back and made a video where a mate had also bought one and loved it.  I feel the same about my Ace 400i, sometimes I just love the simple switch on and swing day as an alternative.  I must say though, on new ground especially club digs I always use the Deus.

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 11:28 am »
Tesoro Eldorado (earlier metal box version)

However interesting reading some of the posts & especially referring to depth, can't help feeling some rose tinted spectacles may have been worn at that point, I have most of those machines tucked away in the cellar & occasionally get one or two out for nostalgic airing, they weren't as deep as we may remember, a bit like our older cars that were quicker with hindsight.

Redfoot

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2017, 10:49 pm »
Here's an interesting site which will jog many a memory

http://members6.boardhost.com/classicdetector/index-4.html

No1hunter

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2017, 12:07 am »
Well, considering I have only owned two other machines besides my new Deus, that is a tough one.  My self-built Heathkit detector has many fine memories considering I was also to hit public areas that had never been touched by the detector, finding some interesting coins, including an 1893-S half dollar.  But Whites 6000 Series 2 produced a lot of silver, especially dimes.
Keep in mind I am on the west coast of the USA, so no Roman coins for me!

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2017, 12:24 am »
Well, considering I have only owned two other machines besides my new Deus, that is a tough one.  My self-built Heathkit detector has many fine memories considering I was also to hit public areas that had never been touched by the detector, finding some interesting coins, including an 1893-S half dollar.  But Whites 6000 Series 2 produced a lot of silver, especially dimes.
Keep in mind I am on the west coast of the USA, so no Roman coins for me!

Must be pretty cool building your own detector.