Author Topic: So who still uses the E-Trac?  (Read 7425 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
So who still uses the E-Trac?
« on: April 17, 2017, 10:34 pm »
When I started researching machines in autumn 2015, the E-Trac continuously popped up as a recommended machine, and about a year ago there still seemed to be a lot of videos and supporting comments for these units.  Is it just my imagination, or has 2016 seen a decline in users and support?  It feels as though more people have thrown in the towel and the stout defence of the E-Trac has declined in numbers.  Just my imagination?
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

nailman

Re: So who still uses the E-Trac?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:26 am »
The E Trac is still very popular in our club
I would have one if it wasn't for bad shoulders and the weight issue, borrowed one for a day loved it.
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 08:19 am »
We only have a couple of WHRADA`s 45 members using Minelab these days.

By memory 1 Sovereign Elite one e-trac and a older Explorer.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

needlegun

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 08:44 am »
Good machine the Etrac.
Everyone should at least try an explorer.
I have a Explorer se  ;)
Along with my Rutus Alter 71.
A very good combo.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 10:08 am »
Good machine the Etrac.
I have a Explorer se  ;)
A very good combo.

Heard good things about the Safari too.  I wonder if a lot of it comes down to weight.  As more and more new machines come out that are lighter in design, perhaps this is just getting too tempting.  The weight contrast must be greater in general than when the E-Trac first came out?
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

lifeguard

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 10:08 am »
Good machine the Etrac.
I have a Explorer se  ;)
A very good combo.
I had an explorer 2. It is a very good machine. Deep and sensitive. But. They dont like so much the iron. I mean I couldnt set the machine up like a deus to find interesting things from iron.

BeePee56

• Gold members
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 01:57 pm »
Cracking machine,but as others have said the weight is an issue

needlegun

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 03:16 pm »
Explorers are not heavy if you use a harness.

Ringmoney

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 04:28 pm »
Explorers are not heavy if you use a harness.

No problem when it looks like this, my 1999 first production run Explorer S.

nailman

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 05:04 pm »
That looks like a F75

So if Minelab produced slimmer machines in the past, why can't they put FBS tech into a better built go find type machine that would take the coils, I think they've put all their eggs in one basket the ctx3930 and are resting on their laurels
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Ringmoney

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 05:24 pm »
That looks like a F75

So if Minelab produced slimmer machines in the past, why can't they put FBS tech into a better built go find type machine that would take the coils, I think they've put all their eggs in one basket the ctx3930 and are resting on their laurels

No, this one was rebuilt by myself, originally it looked like every other Explorer.

nailman

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 05:32 pm »
That looks like a F75

No, this one was rebuilt by myself, originally it looked like every other Explorer.

Thanks for clarifying , so when did they start adding concrete to the shafts  ;D ;D
XP Deus

kevsat

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 06:29 pm »
the e trac is still the best mchn ive used for finding thin section  at  depth ...nothin ive tried will beat it....as for being heavy ....man up  8) 8)

nailman

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 08:08 pm »
the e trac is still the best mchn ive used for finding thin section  at  depth ...nothin ive tried will beat it....as for being heavy ....man up  8) 8)

I'am disabled due to a motorcycle accident I have steel plates in my shoulder, pins in leg and wrist ltd  range of mobility in my shoulder , there's no MAN UP about it they are simply too bloody heavy  :(
XP Deus

muckyfingers

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2017, 08:14 pm »
the etrac is a class detector, little on the heavy side... but you get used to it after a while.had some deep finds with mine, still have it but upgraded to the ctx. good choice of coils with the etrac. fantastic on the beach and pasture.