Author Topic: So who still uses the E-Trac?  (Read 7332 times)

muckyfingers

Re: So who still uses the E-Trac?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2017, 08:16 pm »
in your case nailman.........yep, to heavy.

nailman

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 08:31 pm »
Yes would have loved one
Tried one for a few hours but the pain later on was bad, that's why the Deus is now my machine of choice
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

MarkSussex

• Gold members
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 08:35 pm »
For me the best combination as regards to a metal detector for depth, is an etrac paired with a 13" ultimate coil, the depths that machine reaches with the right program and that coil is unsurpassed IMO.

If it wasn't for a shoulder injury which pushed me towards the lighter deus, I would still be using that combo today.
Full Deus ws5 headphones
XP Mi6 pinpointer
Lesche Raptor
JRC stainless

Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS-zmXG4aqq7jc1Ya4lPow/videos

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 08:48 pm »
Interesting answers and some pattern forming here.  For many the weight is an issue, no doubt.  Also comments in regards working around the iron echo what I have seen before.  The only Minelab user I have seen at my club is actually swinging an X Terra 505.  I do think there is a combination of physical issues and the production of so many newer options, so despite it's great reputation, like all the greatest hits, it's now slipping down the charts.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

kevsat

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 10:11 pm »
they will always be used by guys who do pasture because youll struggle to find anythin deeper ...they are heavy for sure but i can put up with that cuz you know what theyre capable of finding

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 09:30 am »
they will always be used by guys who do pasture because youll struggle to find anythin deeper ...they are heavy for sure but i can put up with that cuz you know what theyre capable of finding

My hit single analogy comes to mind again Kevsat.  At certain times everyone like to "put on a classic" especially if it rocks  ;D

Devondeus

• Gold members
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 12:29 pm »
I have an etrac, and have used minelabs for about 12yrs, yes they are a weighty machine, but with a harness, that is not a problem. I would not be surprised to see minelab launch a very light machine in the next few years, similar in weight to the deus, and with the same degree of fine adjustment provided by the deus. XP have set the benchmark, now others will be chomping at the bit for a slice of the market!
XP Deus Full, 11" X35 coil, 9"HF Coil, 9"x5" Eliptical HF, WS5's
XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Minelab Equinox 800

Redfoot

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 01:11 pm »
I have an etrac, and have used minelabs for about 12yrs, yes they are a weighty machine, but with a harness, that is not a problem. I would not be surprised to see minelab launch a very light machine in the next few years, similar in weight to the deus, and with the same degree of fine adjustment provided by the deus. XP have set the benchmark, now others will be chomping at the bit for a slice of the market!

No they won't the manufacturers seem to have come to a full stop they have no new ideas the technology is at its limit, the Etrac reaches the same depths as the CTX only one is digital the other analogue, same power in same coil sizes equals same out put so just how can they improve, filtering well the more bells and whistles the slower the swing the longer it takes to process the signal, the less depth you get, even having higher fequencies might not solve the problem, XP were a breath of fresh air it took a little time for them to catch on and become popular but the price is to high and even XP are up against the ideas wall they have turned like minelab to gold detecting end of hobby detecting development and despite all the advances not one decent British detector manufacturer with a decent alternative to either minelab or XP

Devondeus

• Gold members
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 05:03 pm »
Guess we will have to wait and see! I do agree that the Brit manufacturers need to get their thinking caps on and pull there finger out of their arses!
XP Deus Full, 11" X35 coil, 9"HF Coil, 9"x5" Eliptical HF, WS5's
XP MI-6 Pinpointer
Minelab Equinox 800

nailman

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 09:00 pm »
Guess we will have to wait and see! I do agree that the Brit manufacturers need to get their thinking caps on and pull there finger out of their arses!

Agree 100% it  came as a shock to me when the Deus was first realised that it was developed in France and not America or Japan
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 09:20 pm »

Agree 100% it  came as a shock to me when the Deus was first realised that it was developed in France and not America or Japan

Quite a few European countries are producing popular new machines.

Peter

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 09:33 pm »
What they do Keith, is RE mash old technology and add a `touch ` of  the latest  in with it . They havn`t discovered anything thats not been out before, although they`d probably like to try to convince you otherwise. :D

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2017, 09:46 pm »
What they do Keith, is RE mash old technology and add a `touch ` of  the latest  in with it . They havn`t discovered anything thats not been out before, although they`d probably like to try to convince you otherwise. :D

Fair point Peter, but at least they are producing new machines of some sort and giving people something new to play with.  Nokta, Rutus, Golden Mask, Makro etc they have their fans while the UK sleeps. 

Redfoot

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2017, 11:54 pm »
The technology is identical it is the packaging and bells and whistles that are different though by name only some call one thing this another that it is all discrimination sensitivity iron volume reactivity etc. just another name for the same,

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2017, 12:16 am »
The technology is identical it is the packaging and bells and whistles that are different though by name only some call one thing this another that it is all discrimination sensitivity iron volume reactivity etc. just another name for the same,

Point taken, and I get that, but kinda makes my point. It's not that the machines are necessarily breaking ground, but people are buying them, and people like them, so why doesn't the UK get involved.  I could understand it if there was an army of people buying Viking and C-Scope and saying "these are as good as all the others" but that's not the case.  And as you point out, it's the same technology but with a few new whistles and bells, so it's strange that if it's really that easy, the UK makers don't make new machines with a few "whistles and bells" too ?  People clearly like trying new machines regardless of the quality of the tech, maybe the Europeans are just being clever while the UK sits on it's fading laurels?

Or....the UK manufacturers have gone in different directions and are happy without the detector market.  And it's as simple as that.