Author Topic: New Minelab ??  (Read 20213 times)

OldFartPhil

Re: New Minelab ??
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2017, 02:12 am »
If the new one has a " Magnetic Field generator " then that rules me out , I don't think it would be safe to use with my cardiac pacemaker :(

mayhem147

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2017, 03:30 pm »
A few more details have emerged now (scroll down for the update to the main article).

http://md-hunter.com/minelab-announces-sensation-new-2017/

nailman

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 05:50 pm »
This is a image from a newspaper report about a local detectorist.
The image looks as if it was taken in the UK it is a minelab but which model
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Connor

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2017, 06:05 pm »
Looks like the goldmonster?!

mayhem147

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 06:05 pm »
This is a image from a newspaper report about a local detectorist.
The image looks as if it was taken in the UK it is a minelab but which model

Looks like the Gold Monster 1000 to me.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2017, 06:31 pm »
Yeah that's the Black and Decker.....sorry,  Minelab,  Goldmonster
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

nailman

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2017, 07:40 pm »
I've got a feeling they'll use the gold monster model as a base and put differant operating system electronics in it
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

mayhem147

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2017, 08:19 pm »
I've got a feeling they'll use the gold monster model as a base and put differant operating system electronics in it

I hope not, that thing is offensively ugly!

nailman

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2017, 08:25 pm »

I hope not, that thing is offensively ugly!

I know it is but theve got the factory producing the shaft, control box with go find control pad
So it makes economic sense to mr.
The new Range Rover eloquent has more Ford Fiesta parts than anything new, we will have to wait and see
XP Deus

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2017, 11:27 pm »
If it's a great machine it will cost a fortune, if it's average what's the point.  As a detectorist I am interested to see what is coming out and I love seeing what lands on the shelves, but in truth there's a snowflake in hells chance I'll buy it. By Christmas I'm sure there will be plenty of videos for me to have a sneaky watch at while the family sleeps off the turkey, but I reckon just like the Impact, Alter 71, and others recently released or about to be, I'll be window shopping and swinging the Deus.

If I win the lottery I'll have a play with them all  ;D  In all honesty and simply from my own perspective I'm waiting to see what the new Quest Q40 performs like, Wireless, and telescopic, and light, lithium rechargeable for £400.00, sounds like it could be the perfect second machine for when the Mrs wants to come out to play, if it has a decent level of performance.

I realise that Minelab have a lot of fans, and for those who are desperate for a great new machine I hope they deliver.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2017, 10:43 am »
There's limitations to all these machines. Depth, recovery and a  true metal id , it will be interesting to see what they have done to improve on these.
Mine labs biggest problem is weight.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

mayhem147

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2017, 10:45 am »
If it's a great machine it will cost a fortune, if it's average what's the point.

Very true.

From the limited description released so far it doesn't sound like it's going to be a flagship machine, but I suppose they'd be mad to make the CTX and E-Trac obsolete.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2017, 11:59 am »
They did with the sovereign and that was probably the best machine for the beach.

nailman

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2017, 06:47 pm »
They did with the sovereign and that was probably the best machine for the beach.

Yes great machine, no doubt the Minelab marketing machine will spring into action
Thank god for u tube gives you chance to see some genuine people's  honest reactions to it
Not people paid to give good reviews to keep the advertising revenue rolling in
XP Deus

mayhem147

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2017, 11:34 am »
According to this, the new machine will be a wireless 4-frequency continuation of the X-Terra range.

https://hobby-detecting.com/what-will-minelab-show-in-september-2017-in-the-uk-new-detector-2018/