Author Topic: New Minelab ??  (Read 19520 times)

JBM

• Gold Membership
Re: New Minelab ??
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 03:24 pm »
Just seen a post on another forum showing a minelab poster stating that the new Minelab will be unveiled at the UK Detectival in September.

Bring on the competition. ;) :)  Jerry.

rusty old bucket

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 03:52 pm »
Zzzzzzzzz Hype  ::)

Why do all manufacturers do this! "sensational new metal detector"  ...... Put up or shut up..

It will be a go find ,with go faster stickers  ....

Rex Sedet in vertice
Live a good life.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 06:46 pm »
You need to get the jump on your competition. What does that mean anyway ?
Another pi55ng contest.

nailman

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 06:52 pm »
You're spot on rusty bucket not being a Minelab guy too bloody heavy for my disabilities, I had a look at this gold 1000 that looks like a go find control with other bits, doesn't get a good liking on u tube.

Just wished I'd got a Sovreign GT before they droped it from the range, was fitter then don't think they've done themselves any favours with the new gold 1000, how the mighty have fallen rested on their laurels
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 01:45 pm »
It seems the Gold Monster 1000 isn't all it's cracked up to be. It seems this guy would rather wrap it around the nearest tree!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZS3cqt2pJ0&feature=youtu.be
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and join the live chat

nailman

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 08:14 pm »
It seems the Gold Monster 1000 isn't all it's cracked up to be. It seems this guy would rather wrap it around the nearest tree!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZS3cqt2pJ0&feature=youtu.be

I watched one and the guy testing said buy a bounty hunter pointer you'll find more oh dear Minelab
The control on the golf z1000 looks like the go find
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 08:36 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the stem is straight made out of 3 screw together sections. I can't see how the length is adjustable.
So us shorties will have to slide the arm cup and controller down the stem to a suitable length.
Then there will be a big overhang of stem behind the arm cup.
I am guessing you then need to hack saw it off.

Can someone advise if this is correct.

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2017, 08:48 pm »
I made it 40 secs in. I wanted to wrap it round a tree for him, what a frustrating machine to use. No thanks Minelab.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

mayhem147

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 12:34 pm »
Rumours abound, but I'm certainly keeping my "new detector" funds in the bank until next month, just in case 8)

petesenior

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2017, 08:00 pm »
I,m hoping for a super lightweight waterproof FBS machine  ;), but i wont hold my breath lol
Pete  :) 

mayhem147

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 08:58 pm »
I,m hoping for a super lightweight waterproof FBS machine  ;), but i wont hold my breath lol

That would be my hope too. The CTX offers everything I want from a second machine, but I'd prefer all those features in a lighter (and ideally wireless) package if at all possible. Fingers crossed!

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 09:21 pm »
A lightweight wireless CTX?  £2,500.00 - £3,000.00?  I'll let a few of you chaps test it first  ;D
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

mayhem147

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2017, 09:49 pm »
A lightweight wireless CTX?  £2,500.00 - £3,000.00?  I'll let a few of you chaps test it first  ;D

If that is what it is, I'm going to be very tempted, even at that sort of price tag.

I'm fully expecting to be underwhelmed at the big reveal, when it turns out to be yet another gold prospecting machine or a replacement for the Go-Find range, but we'll see...

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 11:58 pm »

If that is what it is, I'm going to be very tempted, even at that sort of price tag.

I'm fully expecting to be underwhelmed at the big reveal, when it turns out to be yet another gold prospecting machine or a replacement for the Go-Find range, but we'll see...

Never used FBS so can't really appreciate it, apart from the obvious wet sand advantages that are so well documented.  Won't be long before we see the new arrival.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

nailman

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2017, 09:06 am »

I agree would be nice
XP Deus