Author Topic: New XP videos in the pipeline  (Read 6634 times)

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
New XP videos in the pipeline
« on: September 29, 2017, 09:29 am »
We are in the process of making some new XP videos.
Do any forum members have any suggestions on a particular subject they would like covered.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Re: New XP videos in the pipeline
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 10:43 am »
We are in the process of making some new XP videos.
Do any forum members have any suggestions on a particular subject they would like covered.

I have heard some strange comments on the 11" black, for some reason a lot seem to think it's lacking something, but I am very happy with mine.  Maybe do a vid using the 11" and bust a few of the myths, show it as the good all rounder that I personally think it is?
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:56 pm »
Hi Gary,

V4.1 will be a welcome video for many HF coil users. :)

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

nailman

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 03:28 pm »
Hi Gary,

V4.1 will be a welcome video for many HF coil users. :)

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Second that sugestion
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

gubby

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 04:10 pm »
Yes I would like to see more on the HF coils.

Flatlander

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 04:42 pm »
How about some beach work, show just how good the Deus can be on wet sand.

Ebygum

• Gold members
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 08:52 pm »
still a bit baffled by negative discrim on v4. and how those numbers are compared to v2 and v3  ie. which negative number would be equal to zero on the old versions or is zero the same on all versions
Did the stoneage end when they ran out of stones?

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 07:14 am »
Zero is the same, negative numbers are sub zero entering the ground range and ceramics.

Dead mans penny

• Gold members
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 10:35 am »
Hi Gary
I don't know if this has been covered before or is possible to do ? Video using  the Deus for deep hoard hunting , what's the best settings and dos and  donts?
D.M.P

Ebygum

• Gold members
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 09:08 pm »
Thanks gary. Info appreciated.
regards
Phil
Did the stoneage end when they ran out of stones?

Comodeus

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 11:16 am »
Looking forward to the new videos, hopefully something about a new update coming up!
You explain it all very clearly and covered a wide range of settings and options, but I do miss info and programs for wet saltysands without losing so much depth and keeping chatter to a minimum. And how can we assist in giving feedback on salt water settings. Im trying the elliptical high frequency coil this week on beach and in water, with my other coil chatter and feedback went over the top and if I had to believe the Deus, the entire wet beach was made of foil. We started getting to know our Deus away from the wet sand as to return more experienced and seasoned in ground balancing.

So please do one on wet beach settings and improving them, hopefully a better tuned wet beach program in coming updates...

And as a noobish question. Since Deus is all digital and software driven, would it be possible to create a mode to search on all frequencies together?
That would be awesome. 

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 01:34 pm »
When on the wet sand don't forget to use the "Wet Sand" program, or go into GB and set it to beach as it has a different reject range. Never use the standard GB settings on wet sand (90)
Another tip is to lower the sensitivity to around 80 for wet sand.

Dth

• Gold members
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 08:18 pm »
New video has to be combining the new gb sensitivity expert setting in v4.1 and how it performs with the HF coil. I've taken on board everything Gary has said and stuck with the factory 90gb and in the main my trusted deus never lets me down on the standard coil. The HF coil is far more sensitive to soil conditions and on one field the gb was constantly moving between 62 and 85. I didn't set the ground balance as the mineralisation bar was only at 10% but I'm sure I was not optimising the deus performance by not changing something.

Comodeus

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 09:35 pm »
When on the wet sand don't forget to use the "Wet Sand" program, or go into GB and set it to beach as it has a different reject range. Never use the standard GB settings on wet sand (90)
Another tip is to lower the sensitivity to around 80 for wet sand.

We have been trying out lowering the sensitivity, but did not manually set extra settings for ground balance, will be trying that tommorow. I'll post the results here. Thanks for your advice and good luck with the shoot, can't wait for new videos!

Comodeus

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 07:26 am »
Yesterday finally had the time (and the weather) to go to the beach with the Deus and try the beach settings. On the dry beach settings, I had results but all from a depth up to 3 to 4 inches. Lots of pulltabs, bottlecaps, I get consistent scores for them but I still dig everything to get to know the machine.

Then we went on the wet sand. Settings: Wet Beach with Beach groundbalance. Little chatter, but very managable.  But noticable depthchange. Wet beach gives me a depthrange of 2 inches at most. On a large coin, a small coin gets lost in the chatter.

I was on the beach with the 38 cm coil. Tried out the wet sand, as well as the surf. 

Im going to try again with other settings. This beach is really clean at the wet part, because of a project that pipes sand from the oceanfloor to the beach. Also it is a very quiet beach. The cleaner conditions gave me a good testingground.

Tried the waterkit. After installing it, losing signal in a pool of water of 12 inches cm deep, signal lost after only 2.5 inches.
Checked the setup of the waterkit. Tried again, no signal. Cable is ok,  new set. Whatever I try no signal.  Quit the watersetup for now, will read up on this and will try normal water instead of seawater first.

Back on the  dry sand, first tried out the ultimate program. What an enormous difference in depth, no chatter, crisp sounds from pulltabs as deep as 15 inches. Unbelievable. Even with beachsettings as GB. Clear target ID's right everytime for even different kinds of pulltabs on different tabs.

The only find of the day, a small rusted recent two eurocent coin, which I found by eye, not even the machine. I tested this coin several times in all conditions, mostly different target ID's in all modes (i think because of rust), even on the surface. Only after swinging several times the machine seems to recover itself and gives of a steady 94 TID.

Beachtest level: Noob, will go and learn this machine further on the normal ground where I do get good steady results. Considering leaving the beach alltogether, only to return with a machine intended for surf searching.  The loss in depth is very noticable and I dont think there are settings to overcome this. Tried all.

Good finds and until the next update!