Author Topic: Is a Deus coil always on or just blinking?  (Read 3458 times)

Comodeus

Is a Deus coil always on or just blinking?
« on: October 12, 2017, 09:43 am »
Im wondering about the coil, mostly in regards to keeping it charged. Is the coil actively detecting or is it only a blinking light, when not connected to a unit or phones? How long can I keep a coil ready for use without charging for instance. Now Im always charging even if I have not used that particular coil, just to be sure, not to be walking with an empty coil.

Thanks in advance!

Maxi21

• No gold yet, except a -
  • Gold Membership
  • Using Deus, 9" & 13" coils
Re: Is a Deus coil always on or just blinking?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 10:13 am »
The occasional blinking light is perfectly normal and takes virtually no power. I understand that it is best to leave the coil with between a quarter and three-quarter battery level when not in use (but experts from XP please advise if I am mistaken!). Then give a top up to full power just before use. I would strongly advise against leaving it on permanent charge - I don't think that would do it any good at all and probably more likely to be harmful to the battery. The battery should last at least for a full days detecting from a full charge.
Nick

Treat everything & everyone with the respect they deserve.

mayhem147

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 10:32 am »
Li-Ion batteries have no memory (unlike Ni-Cad) so keeping them topped up at all times is a good idea. If you don't use the detector for a few weeks, just pop it on to charge and it'll top up the tiny amount of lost charge in a matter of minutes.

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 11:10 am »
Make the batteries work.

Should you own WS4 and WS5 headphones alternate them to make the batteries work.

I recently had to have my back-phones battery replaced, due to leaving them on the shelf to often over the last couple of years while using the WS5 full headset.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry. :)

Maxi21

• No gold yet, except a -
  • Gold Membership
  • Using Deus, 9" & 13" coils
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 11:43 am »
The occasional blinking light is perfectly normal and takes virtually no power. I understand that it is best to leave the coil with between a quarter and three-quarter battery level when not in use (but experts from XP please advise if I am mistaken!). Then give a top up to full power just before use. I would strongly advise "NOT" leaving it on permanent charge - I don't think that would do it any good at all and probably more likely to be harmful to the battery. The battery should last at least for a full days detecting from a full charge.

;) Missed out 'not' in original post  :-[

*Edited for you Nick* 13oots2
Nick

Treat everything & everyone with the respect they deserve.

Comodeus

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 12:01 pm »
The occasional blinking light is perfectly normal and takes virtually no power. I understand that it is best to leave the coil with between a quarter and three-quarter battery level when not in use (but experts from XP please advise if I am mistaken!). Then give a top up to full power just before use. I would strongly advise leaving it on permanent charge - I don't think that would do it any good at all and probably more likely to be harmful to the battery. The battery should last at least for a full days detecting from a full charge.

Thats what I hoped for! Only a led. Thanks for clarifying. And I quit charging as soon as batteries are full.

Make the batteries work.

Should you own WS4 and WS5 headphones alternate them to make the batteries work.

I recently had to have my back-phones battery replaced, due to leaving them on the shelf to often over the last couple of years while using the WS5 full headset.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry. :)

That's also a good idea, I find myself searching without phones or the WS5, good the switch around some times, also with the coils.

Any ideas on totaly draining then recharging as with the old lithium batteries?

Thanks for the replies!

Goinmg out tyo beach now, to test Garys tips omn beach searching. Finally the weather has turned.

EddieMetal

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 09:58 pm »
Hi, my understanding is also with Maxi21, do not totally drain the battery leave at least some 20% of charge left.