Author Topic: Much needed T2 mod  (Read 3428 times)

Willy muffit

Much needed T2 mod
« on: December 09, 2017, 06:54 pm »
one of my only criticism of my excellent T2 is the volume control button is far to easily altered by accidently brushing against it  I have seen this aftermarket knob but don't think its available here in the UK sadly ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvoiCv115_Ecriticism
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

lobo

Re: Much needed T2 mod
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:29 am »
Doesn't happen to me when i'm using mine. Why !!!  I'm left handed which puts the control button on the offside.  :)

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 04:30 pm »
Or you can pull the knob off & fit a fibre washer underneath, pop the knob back on & the extra friction will stop any movement, an old Arado trick from 30+yrs ago, O rings sometimes will do it.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 09:06 pm »
Doesn't happen to me when i'm using mine. Why !!!  I'm left handed which puts the control button on the offside.  :)

That's strange, it's usually the other way around.  Us lefties usually find certain design elements are more of a pain for us.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 03:23 pm »
one of my only criticism of my excellent T2 is the volume control button is far to easily altered by accidently brushing against it  I have seen this aftermarket knob but don't think its available here in the UK sadly ?

I think that was a one off printed jobbie, if you could find someone with a 3D printer you may be in luck.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and join the live chat

lobo

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 05:33 pm »

That's strange, it's usually the other way around.  Us lefties usually find certain design elements are more of a pain for us.

That's right Keith. It's also difficult demonstrating an assembly (for example) to right handers as they have to reverse the technique.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 06:33 pm »

Q "That's right Keith. It's also difficult demonstrating an assembly (for example) to right handers as they have to reverse the technique" UQ

When I wore a side bag on videos I often got asked where people could get the bag. It had a handy design for having the pointer and digging tool outside the bag right at the front with easy access.  I always made sure that I advised people that I swung left handed, and if you swing right handed with the bag on your left side, the pointer and digger will have to go at the back so much harder to reach!

Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Willy muffit

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 09:02 pm »

I think that was a one off printed jobbie, if you could find someone with a 3D printer you may be in luck.
you think wrong m8 lol

if you watch at the beginning you will see its Detecting Doodads 3D printed products for the Metal Detecting Enthusiast.  that makes them and they are based in the USA 
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 08:27 am »
I looked on their site Willy and it's not there, I would've got you one for Chrimbo :(
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and join the live chat

mr miagee

• Gold members
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 08:43 pm »
Nice to hear there are other "lefties" on here  8)