Author Topic: The new wave of wireless light machines.  (Read 7625 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
The new wave of wireless light machines.
« on: January 24, 2018, 06:35 pm »
People are trying to catch up with the Deus. The Nokta units have come along, and the Quest Pro is not far away (another with multiple frequencies)  but the problem is, XP have taken it further with the HF coil option, while many of the wireless lightweight contenders coming out now are still stopping at 18/19khz.

There are so many good reports on the Deus at 28khz, and the Equinox 800 will have 40khz, subject to the latter being as good as they boast, these two machines will be above the competition IMHO due to those high frequency options.

How many more to come?  A lot I reckon!!
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

nailman

Re: The new wave of wireless light machines.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 07:53 pm »
Equinox 800 that’s due spring 2020 I believe
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

mr miagee

• Gold members
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 08:27 pm »
Equinox 800 that’s due spring 2020 I believe
That early....really.... ;D ;D

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 08:44 pm »
On Sunday night I was talking to a mate who's been out with the Minelab boys.  He's impressed with the machines but they are still ironing out the bugs.  He intends to buy one, but not the first batch.

Anyway, back to the topic, IMHO more manufacturers are going to have to follow suit.  The Deus was unique for a time, but now I think this design will become the norm. 

mr miagee

• Gold members
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 09:28 pm »
With the new bluetooth and wireless technology its bound to be the way forward.
I can remember using a "swan neck" C Scope machine. I think it was a TR650D, and you had to see re-tuning it using a red button on the top of the handle !!!! 8)

mayhem147

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 12:17 pm »
On Sunday night I was talking to a mate who's been out with the Minelab boys.  He's impressed with the machines but they are still ironing out the bugs.  He intends to buy one, but not the first batch.

Sounds a sensible move. Is the Equinox updatable, making any early issues remediable, should there be any?

I'll admit, I will probably cave in and get one in due course. The 40kHz option on an 11" coil sounds good (there will be an optional 15 x 12 coil available too) and the ability to go from 40kHz down to 5 without changing coils is a nice feature too.

(Plus, it's fun to have a new toy... :-[)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 02:00 pm »
Many new toys coming along, we're heading in to a tech race which potentially could be good for detectorists, as a lot of these new devices are competitively priced.

nailman

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 04:00 pm »
All these new hi tec detectors  has anyone realised one day we will run out of Artefacts
No Romans or medieval folk left in my neck of the woods .
Roll on the tests of the new Mackro
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 04:05 pm »
At times, I think that we are just pawns as others take advantage of our addiction. ;) :)  Jerry.

nailman

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 04:29 pm »
At times, I think that we are just pawns as others take advantage of our addiction. ;) :)  Jerry.

The term Leemings springs to mind  ;D :D ;D ;D
XP Deus

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 06:42 pm »
I've managed to get the weight right down on my White's V3i, am now left with just the headphones and a couple of bent coat hangers ;D
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and join the live chat

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 06:49 pm »

The term Leemings springs to mind  ;D :D ;D ;D

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 06:57 pm »
It's the same with a lot of pursuits, you should see how much money some of my mates spend on upgrading golf clubs!!

The Deus was a godsend for some people, just because of how light it is and easy to use, it's no bad thing to see more machines coming out the same way IMHO.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 07:10 pm »
But most of them are re hashes of the same thing. Normally based around the F75 / T2 circuit, originating from China.

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 07:52 pm »
I've managed to get the weight right down on my White's V3i, am now left with just the headphones and a couple of bent coat hangers ;D

I'm down to just one coat hanger and mind control. Its the spade im having trouble with.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro