Author Topic: The new wave of wireless light machines.  (Read 7621 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Re: The new wave of wireless light machines.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 08:11 pm »
But most of them are re hashes of the same thing. Normally based around the F75 / T2 circuit, originating from China.

I'm not suggesting they all have the tech of the Deus Gary, but if manufacturers are making lightweight wireless machines at different price points that has to be good for the detectorist.  I have been out a few times with a Quest Q40 lately, lightweight, collapsable, wireless, IP66 and 2 coils for £460.  For people on tight budgets it's a nice option.  It's not a Deus, but the design is good, and it performs well for the price.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2018, 08:21 pm »
Never used one so can't comment on performance, it should be OK as it's T2/F75 circuitry..

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 08:45 pm »
Never used one so can't comment on performance, it should be OK as it's T2/F75 circuitry..

It's a nice machine mate, as I said, it's no Deus, but it's great for those on a tighter budget.

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 09:47 pm »
But most of them are re hashes of the same thing. Normally based around the F75 / T2 circuit, originating from China.

Even some of  the Yanks are coming around to your comments.
If it's not the Chinese then its the Malaysians all cheap labour.
If Minelab don't hurry up the Chinese could beat them to the party.😉

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 11:09 pm »
Even if the tech isn't always groundbreaking, it's good for the detectorist to have options with better designs.  It's got to be good to have more machines that are wireless and lightweight straight out the box in different price brackets surely?  The hobby is about enjoyment and if the machines mean you can detect easier and for longer that has to be good?

We know the Deus was way ahead when it came out, and I have heard many comments from senior detectorists who love the lightness and ease of use, it has extended the detecting years for some!

Now, if a 60 year old person with a bad back, and a limited budget, can get a machine at a mid price that they can swing for 4 hours, that can't be bad surely, it's not all about which machine performs best?

It's about time other companies started making Deus style machines, and I am sure there will be more.  They won't necessarily perform like a Deus, but surely the smarter design is good for all who enjoy the hobby?

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 11:48 am »
It makes me chuckle when reading these posts.

Does anyone remember the VW Golf advert from the 80's/90's when the young guy is under the opened bonnet of his car & he's saying to his mate yes it handles just like a Golf, brakes just like a Golf & it's fast just like a Golf, we all compare with existing machines & most often it's just like Deus.

What we now see is, nearly as light as, nearly as fast as, nearly as good as........ better value ? maybe, but who wants nearly as good as.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2018, 01:07 pm »
It makes me chuckle when reading these posts.

Does anyone remember the VW Golf advert from the 80's/90's when the young guy is under the opened bonnet of his car & he's saying to his mate yes it handles just like a Golf, brakes just like a Golf & it's fast just like a Golf, we all compare with existing machines & most often it's just like Deus.

What we now see is, nearly as light as, nearly as fast as, nearly as good as........ better value ? maybe, but who wants nearly as good as.

I take your point Nigel, but if you simply can't afford a Deus, it's good to see that other brands are starting to follow the design principles, which means easier machines for everyone to use at various price points. 

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 01:13 pm »
True but a basic Deus without remote at £650 ish not a million miles away from these new machine prices & you can still upgrade it as you find funds (if you want to).

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2018, 05:36 pm »
True but a basic Deus without remote at £650 ish not a million miles away from these new machine prices & you can still upgrade it as you find funds (if you want to).

Yes that's an option too Nigel, and as a person who started with just the WS4's I often recommend it.  I was lucky enough to be able to save up for the remote and my Deus is going no-where, and i'm not comparing performance here. For some people the Deus won't be an option, or they may want a starter machine before they invest heavily in the hobby. Easier machines with the modern design has to be better for everyone, whatever they want to choose surely?

Danescourt01

• Gold members
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 05:47 pm »
Hi Jerry are you still using the F75, ive been away for a while so just wondering .