Author Topic: Minelab Equinox 800 – Gold Chain in Salt Water  (Read 8570 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Re: Minelab Equinox 800 – Gold Chain in Salt Water
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 09:37 am »
It doesn't matter how many bells and whistles it's got, no matter what the manufacturer says it can do, if your permissions are barren this new machine can not magically make metal objects suddenly appear in the ground ! If there's nothing to be found its no better than a 40 year old BFO, and if it's as good as we have all been told why has it taken over 5 months to get the production going ? To be honest I will be glad when the bloody thing is finally released, fed up of hearing about it !!!

Take your point, but Minelab are not marketing this as a machine that finds the same stuff as any other machine, old or new,  they are trying to tempt people with claims of higher tech and ability to find more finds than the other machines can, on good fields or hard ones.

In fact all our machines will be obsolete apparently, i'm dreading the UK arrival, because from what I have read, I am worried that my machines will simply shut down any day now  ;D 
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

lobo

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 01:59 pm »
It will be just like millenium day, everything electronic will implode.  ;D

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 08:12 pm »
It will be just like millenium day, everything electronic will implode.  ;D
:D :D
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

Dead mans penny

• Gold members
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 09:34 pm »
Ok forget all the air tests , burying coins or test beds
the only test that would sway me to buy one is if I'm out with my Deus say detecting for 2 hours at my useul pace covering all the ground I'm walking on , and mr equinox 800 is following my exact path and checking and digging to see what I've missed? Then the next 2 hours I follow mr equinox800 i and check what he's missed. This would be a true test right? Now if mr equinox 800 finds Loads of hammered coins etc that I've missed then equinox 800 here I come, but I doubt it it's going to happen , as I don't believe the equinox  is  a game changer.😃😃😃

lobo

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2018, 07:02 am »
The way things are developing with the Minelab shipment of Equinox, Deus will be on V6.1, and Teknetics will have a T4 out.  ;D

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 07:29 am »
Time will tell I guess, it may be a good machine for some and not for others, personally I think somehow the Equinox hype has managed to suck the very last bit of professionalism out of the hobby. Just like these bloggers acting like complete fools.( Or words to that effect ). All they are after is a penny per click from Google, they don't care about the hobby and the bigger picture.

"My machine is better than yours".....Who the f##k cares....Get a life.

Over the last few years I think the hobby has taken on some changes, old school detectorists are being replaced by people with a different outlook on the hobby.

tig2

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 08:23 am »
There is a lot to be said for old technology, it's reliable, proven and still works. Just needs tweaking now and again. Like vehicles with no fuel injection, watches that need winding up and just tell the time, and detectors with knobs on without a display. Can't wait for my next analogue machine to arrive.

lobo

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 01:13 pm »
I agree to a certain extent about old technology. When I got my first detector I had to go to the Post Office for a "pipe finders licence". Since then, only a handful of manufacturers have stayed in business, not always because their product was poor. There were no real advancements for years, then along came Minelab. Their FBS technology really improved the depth capabilities, albeit at a price which was the slow reactivity. Since the early Minelab days they have only, in my opinion, made subtle improvements. The CTX 3030, was at least  waterproof/submersible, and did improve on target i.d. But for me, the game changer was the Deus. I will admit, when it first came out, my thoughts were along the lines of it being a Mickey Mouse machine that wouldn't last 5 minutes. How wrong I was. I purchased my first one in 2011, which was second hand. What an innovation, completely wireless, light, selectable frequencies, and FREE upgrades.
Before anyone says i'm biased, no i'm not. At this moment my machines are, Minelab Explorer 2 & Etrac, Teknetics T2 and a Whites TDI SL.  (Yes, I do like to waste MY money  :))
I'm sure it will not be long before another Deus enters my collection (please don't tell the wife).
Happy Hunting all.

Danescourt01

• Gold members
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2018, 08:06 pm »
Hi all
        Thought I was ready to get the deus, then the equinox, so think I will wait and see  the reviews, but think I will still get the deus, its just the learning curve that holds me back.
           Always had easy machines to use ( hi- tec scares me). just keep using my T2 for now.

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2018, 08:16 pm »
Hi all
        Thought I was ready to get the deus, then the equinox, so think I will wait and see  the reviews, but think I will still get the deus, its just the learning curve that holds me back.
           Always had easy machines to use ( hi- tec scares me). just keep using my T2 for now.

The Deus is a proven detector over the last 7+ years and used many thousands of detectorists world wide.

The Equinox is the new kid on the block and only time will tell us whats is really all about.

It may be a excellent detector only time will tell.

Detectorists just get a little over excited when something new appears and the Minelab stable has been very quiet for some years.

E-bay will be the thermometer as the weeks and months go by. ;)

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2018, 08:19 pm »
Hi all

There's no big learning curve with the Deus mate, honestly, the menu programmes are excellent.  You can take all the time you need to play a little when your ready, but don't think you have to.  It's a class act straight out the box.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

bob79

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2018, 08:22 pm »
Don't worry about the Deus being hi-tech, Xp spent many hours perfecting the present programmes to work as switch on and go programmes and still give very good results.
A lot of people just stick to them and have great results.

lobo

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2018, 08:55 pm »
As has previously been said, the Deus is a fantastic machine and can be as complicated or as easy as suits each individual.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with a T2, I currently use one, but I would say the Deus is the more versatile of the two.
Good luck with whatever you choose.