Author Topic: Looks like i'm going deus  (Read 7831 times)

mrbaker

Looks like i'm going deus
« on: November 25, 2015, 09:22 am »
After my mrs reversed over my dual field(long story and my fault :()  the house insurance is going to pay out and i reckon i will be keeping my little oriental gg2 nicknamed Lulu for any beach work with the sharpshooter and getting a deus for inland,  My question is how many of you have started off with a deus lite then got the remote after? or do you wish you got the whole package first off?

oscar6972

Re: Looks like i'm going deus
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 10:05 am »
Ah the million dollar Deus question! I personally started off with the full set up but there are loads of folk who are quite happy with just the lite version.

You can still do plenty without the remote but I do like to tinker with settings so just gives you a bit more to play with! But in all honesty Most times now mine goes in my pocket once I'm set up for the day and stays there!

If you do go for the lite I would personally recommend getting the ws4 headphone with the removable module. You can then clip on the headphone adaptor and choose whichever headphone takes your fancy. Lots of people plug the xp blue wired headphones into the module and they sound superb. 

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 10:25 am »
After my mrs reversed over my dual field(long story and my fault :()  the house insurance is going to pay out and i reckon i will be keeping my little oriental gg2 nicknamed Lulu for any beach work with the sharpshooter and getting a deus for inland,  My question is how many of you have started off with a deus lite then got the remote after? or do you wish you got the whole package first off?

Thats the way to go for sure.  ;)

Perhaps the new coil with its very high frequency will be ok for the beach/ ;) :)  Jerry.

mrbaker

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 10:32 am »
Cheers guys i'm looking forward to playing now especially with a new 270 acre permission that has never been detected on to the farmers knowledge as his dad hated them,  thankfully tony is very interested. 

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 10:42 am »
Cheers guys i'm looking forward to playing now especially with a new 270 acre permission that has never been detected on to the farmers knowledge as his dad hated them,  thankfully tony is very interested.

Thats a lot of land.

Worth doing a historic  research before you start.

Its easy these days, but following my own experience I once went to a large section of virgin land and found a medieval fair site having been guided by library information.

It kept me busy for over a year tecting 3 times a week.

Hope this helps you best of luck.  :)  Jerry.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 10:43 am »
I started with the Deus full but now use the Deus Lite, or known as the Deus Ws4 at the factory.
If you have a detecting friend with a Deus full, its easy to tap into their controller for costom settings and updates. All to do is put the serial number of your coil into their controller and its done in an instant.

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 03:31 pm »
I personally would start with the lite. You got 10 factory presets and you can custom them ( not as much as the full) and save them.  The lite still has the ability to use all the different frequency's. Its no headache to get up and running and you don't feel the need to try and learn it all as you would with a remote, as its easy and enjoyable to learn. The lite is a 70% machine compared to the full deus. As with new releases from xp due out somtime next year your be able to get on and use it and buy the new remote next year as and when you feel you want.  The xp machines have been from the start are all about the tones( and there quite varied) not numbers, your eyes could become drawn to the numbers to much with a remote. Numbers are good but the tones will should always be your first guide. The biggest Saxon hoard of silver coins this year was found with basic 1 program which the lite has.  What ever you decide your enjoy it as the deus is an enjoyable machine to use.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

mrbaker

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 03:51 pm »
Thanks guys i think it will be the lite and get the remote later on  8)

SuchMuch

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 04:49 pm »
Thanks guys i think it will be the lite and get the remote later on  8)
Friend of mine, a hunter with a Deus is very frustrated with his lite version. He wish he'd chosen coil and "calculator" and had wired headphones attached to a "calc" via sleeve; thus he'd be wireless even with wired headphones.  He is a person who prefer to read rather than listen. Those who prefer to listen would be satisfied with wireless headphones only.

james1969

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 05:33 pm »

if you can get someone else's controller to install Gal

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 06:21 pm »
There are so many people who don't realise how tractable the Deus Lite is. I think it will be a good idea if I did a write up explaining its full potential.
For example the Lite has no reactivity feature in the menu, it does ! But its accesed in a different way, each factory pre set program has its own settings, for example GMP prog 2 has a reactivity of 2, Deus Fast has a reactivity of -1.....so make your custom program based on a factory pre set of your choice.

mrbaker

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 10:03 pm »
There are so many people who don't realise how tractable the Deus Lite is. I think it will be a good idea if I did a write up explaining its full potential.
For example the Lite has no reactivity feature in the menu, it does ! But its accesed in a different way, each factory pre set program has its own settings, for example GMP prog 2 has a reactivity of 2, Deus Fast has a reactivity of -1.....so make your custom program based on a factory pre set of your choice.

Look forward to reading more m8

Willy muffit

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 12:14 am »
There is one very good reason NOT  to have a remote
 you will learn the machine much faster far to many people miss stuff because they rely on the meter thats not as good as the audio in many many case`s IMO
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 07:12 am »
Totally agree, mist part of my in the field 1 to 1 training is done using the Deus Ws4 ( lite ).

james1969

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 08:51 am »

I think I would be happy with the lite as long as Gary's hot program is installed, I found it hard to improve on that and will give great results. At the moment meter id is a weak point on the Deus but who knows what the next update will improve.