Author Topic: Quest arrival  (Read 5212 times)

JBM

• Gold Membership
Quest arrival
« on: January 15, 2016, 05:18 pm »
Well the Deteknix Quest will be here next week.

While it poses no threat to the Deus it will be an affordable detector to others and a fun toy to many😉 Jerry.

tragac

Re: Quest arrival
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 05:25 pm »
also AKA with new Signum MFD and Intronik

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 05:37 pm »
We are spoiled for choice ;D  Jerry.

tragac

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 05:52 pm »
Correct.... agree  :)

From my point biggest benefit would have companies which would be faster with itroduce new model......

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 06:35 pm »
Great news Jerry please keep us posted

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 05:25 pm »
Will do Gary.

I see the USA price is $649 so the UK ones are reasonably priced taking Taxes into account. :)  Jerry.

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 04:22 pm »
Well I have used my Quest on 3 trips out to difficult mineralised  sites in my home area.

The secret is to auto ground balance the Quest (Which seems accurate) certainly the detector is then stable.

The other thing is to drop the sensitivity to finish the task.

Jus a case of KISS  (Keep It Simple Stupid)

Cant see what all the fuss is about across the big pond, other than many of the Yanks hate the Chinese.

This machine is not a Deus or a CTX 3030, but its a very good affordable starting or back up machine.

Tomorrow Iam at another venue, many miles from my home ones

So bring it on lets have some more fun. ;) :)   Jerry.

gc-1023

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 07:54 pm »
a certain reviewer whos name i wont mention also said the auto tracking ground balance worked very well ,hes going to make a video of it coping over changing soil conditions . if its down to £400 by next year i will give it a go ,trouble is there are so many machines on my bucket list .

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 09:00 pm »
a certain reviewer whos name i wont mention also said the auto tracking ground balance worked very well ,hes going to make a video of it coping over changing soil conditions . if its down to £400 by next year i will give it a go ,trouble is there are so many machines on my bucket list .

Hi Nigel,Pity you dont live near me to try mine out.

There is a chance that folks might get a detector only without the extras kit.

This could be ideal for the old hands already kitted out.

I watch with interest as the market place is flooded with machines, all thanks to the internet.

Still it has not saved Minelab in Europe now drawing their horns in.

Its interesting times for the hobby.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 09:31 pm »
I dont think Minelabs demise is because of the Chinese market, they took their finger off the pulse in Europe, exactly the same as Whites and many others, and started making machines to a price rather than a standard, take the Go find for example, its a kids toy, I find it very insulting that they are trying to sell it into a professional marketplace

They didn't look after the Eurooean guys doing all the real boots on the ground work, in most cases for free.

America is a big market but in many ways very different to us, the media in Europe is much stronger, hence better world wide promotion.

gc-1023

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 08:39 am »
yes Gary media is a powerful tool these days. with your own forum and being part of xp media team you could be described as the Robert maxwell of detecting world  :)

Sven

• Nokta Anfibio Multi, Tesoro, Compass, Mirage Pi...
    • Treasure Hunting & Vintage-Classic Metal Detectors
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 01:53 pm »
Cant see what all the fuss is about across the big pond, other than many of the Yanks hate the Chinese.
So bring it on lets have some more fun. ;) :)   Jerry.

I don't understand it, every time something is posted on the US forums about Chinese detectors or products, things hit the fan.
Yet most of the naysayers buy at Walmart....................don't get the fact, most of the electronic parts on the circuit board the US detector etc.
are manufactured in China. And that many US manufactures use Chinese made electronic oscilloscopes and testing devices to insure their product
works. Good thing about Canada, Canadians are more open minded and accepting and you can freely post about any product even if made in the rain forest....they are interested in hearing about them. There is a high percentage of Chinese and other country immigrants living here. Many in the US don't like Russians either, so the AKA were kind of bashed at first and still in shock that and won't admit the Russians can build super detectors. The AKA's are gaining the respect these days as some of the past naysayers are now buying and using them................... One day, a Chinese machine will appear that will be a real fire cracker. I like to keep an open mind. I have no problem playing with a detector made anywhere in the world.  One thing I will say, the Findmall Forum now has a sponored Deteknix sub-forum, you won't find any naysayers post filtering in, they will be censored. Probably good that would help Deteknix as a Chinese company get some respect.

Still look forward to trying a Quest, may not be a Deus, CTX, Minelab but, for its intended purpose its probably a fine detector.

Oh, Bounty Hunter First Texas brand machines still don't get much respect in the US, even tho they have  very similar performance to First Texas Fisher and Teknetics brands. Have to admit the control boxes were different......known as mufflers on a stick.

Funny thing, as an American living in Canada, I don't have a burning desire to buy any US made brand detectors, they bore me. Glad I found Gary's Forum that spurred me on to try detectors from abroad, not looking back. DeepTech units replaced all my Tesoros and happy with the newest version AKA Berkut as a target ID screen machine, it fits my needs.

Having tried the GF2 and SF2, I know the Chinese have to potential to build performing detectors that are affordable to the masses.
I think the Chinese have the capability of re-tooling and making improvements very fast. Faster than Makro had done with the Racer.
Hopefully Deteknix is in the quest to build a superior detector....................sounds like they are making a good first start. Have to start somewhere....
Treasure Hunting & Vintage-Classic Metal Detectors
Free Downloads at my website:
  http://www.treasurelinx.com/home1.html