Author Topic: First dig comin up yippeeeeee!!  (Read 6153 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
First dig comin up yippeeeeee!!
« on: January 31, 2016, 10:52 pm »
Joined a club tonight and we are out on a dig next Sunday, farm fields but I don't think they are ploughed.  Any settings tips for a beginner with a Deus Lite?
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

nailman

Re: First dig comin up yippeeeeee!!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 08:10 am »
Hi don't run a deus yet, still saving for next season.
No doubt there will be Deus users in the club who can help, don't try to run before you can walk, my mate run  GMP or deus fast till he goy the hang of things.

Good luck
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

oscar6972

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 08:51 am »
Joined a club tonight and we are out on a dig next Sunday, farm fields but I don't think they are ploughed.  Any settings tips for a beginner with a Deus Lite?

Just use Prog 1 to start Keith, it's basic 1 and is a great programme to start with. Check out Gaz's video on youtube and you'll get the most out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X494aalrhtE

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 09:38 am »
Thanks gents.  It will be a case of avoiding the temptation to try and run before I can walk, I'll keep it simple like you advise.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 09:39 pm »
Well I had some fun today, but I was lucky enough to get three hours yesterday with Nick (Maxi21) who was kind enough to invite me out on a short dig.  I found a tiny button which was encouraging for my first Detecting trip, and today I had a couple od coins, one is probably too battered to identify but the other is a 1954 Ship Halfpenny.  It was just cool to pull coins !!

I even stopped on the way home and treated myself to a Jack Pyke camo waterproof so I look the part now.

Deus Lite P1 is doing nicely for now, but I really need to get a pinpointer to keep the digs quick and small.

highlander

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 09:24 pm »
Hi Keith, if you watch gary's video's on youtube there's a mine of info about the Deus, i had a little go with mine today and just used P1and P2, P2 worked well for me and it'll probably do me for a while at least, Sunday will be a different matter as we're off to the beach
(no not sunbathing, this is Scotland after all! looking forward to that a lot  8)
Good luck on your first dig mate!

dexters shed

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 06:55 pm »
what club did you get into keith ?

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 07:07 pm »
what club did you get into keith ?

It's called the A1 Searchers, we are near the A1 around Beds and Cambs which I guess is how the name came about.  Fairly new club but 43ish members.  Got a new site this weekend so can't wait to leap into action tomorrow.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 07:09 pm »
Hi Keith, if you watch gary's video's on youtube there's a mine of info about the Deus, i had a little go with mine today and just used P1and P2, P2 worked well for me and it'll probably do me for a while at least, Sunday will be a different matter as we're off to the beach
(no not sunbathing, this is Scotland after all! looking forward to that a lot  8)
Good luck on your first dig mate!

Yeah I watch Garys vids over and over to get the info to sink in.  I'm trying P2 tomorrow on a slight adjustment that Gary was kind enough to advise.