Author Topic: Composite boots  (Read 3950 times)

nailman

Composite boots
« on: February 25, 2016, 06:32 pm »
I've been asked to help on a university archaeological dig.
There is one big problem, they want me to wear safety boots !!!

I need some new detecting boots anyway and have seen a pair of composite safety boots
two birds with one stone.

What R the composite bits made off ? And does  anyone detect in a pair ?
I oftern help a commercial archaeologist out and normally just use my hiking boots but the soles have finally split
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Blackbeard

Re: Composite boots
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 06:41 pm »
I've been asked to help on a university archaeological dig.
There is one big problem, they want me to wear safety boots !!!

I need some new detecting boots anyway and have seen a pair of composite safety boots
two birds with one stone.

What R the composite bits made off ? And does  anyone detect in a pair ?
I oftern help a commercial archaeologist out and normally just use my hiking boots but the soles have finally split

Taken from the magnum boots website.... "Comp toe work boots are quickly replacing steel toe boots as the industry norm. A composite safety toe is made of non-metal materials like Kevlar, carbon fiber, plastic, or fiberglass. Some jobs might require you to pass through metal detectors – if that’s you, composite toe boots with non-metal hardware would be ideal."

Hopefully this will help you out...

nailman

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 07:40 pm »
Thanks Blac beard I've always fancied a pair of them magnum boots I'll let the wife know theses are OK to detect in, It will be a waste looking at any other make
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Blackbeard

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 10:28 pm »
Good luck... If you get some please let us know what you think of them, as I have work in steel toes and have myself often though about going down the composite toed boots route myself, killing two birds with one stone and all that.

dexters shed

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 12:57 pm »
sports direct sell magnums at the lowest price I've seen

nailman

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 08:47 pm »
She who must be obeyed has said no way are you having magnum boots, there is quite a wide range of hiker style safety boots with composite toe caps .
XP Deus

Lodge Scent

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 01:18 am »
Even though the safety toe might be composite, just be careful that the shoe's sole doesn't contain a steel shank. It's pretty common actually for a work boot to have the steel shank.

mr fox

• Gold members
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 09:42 am »
good to know you can get composite boots  ;D

Willy muffit

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 05:22 pm »
JUST  simply look for airport friendly boots m8  ;D

for instance this is a yank website but you get the idea .......http://www.workbootsdirect.com/airport-friendly
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

nailman

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 05:58 pm »
Thanks Lodge Scent and Willey muff
XP Deus

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 06:12 pm »
Even though the safety toe might be composite, just be careful that the shoe's sole doesn't contain a steel shank. It's pretty common actually for a work boot to have the steel shank.

Yeah I nearly made that mistake, luckily I read the details on a pair and noticed shank.  They weren't even safety boots just walkers.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....