Author Topic: any use chefphones...  (Read 3841 times)

vint1

any use chefphones...
« on: September 03, 2016, 04:24 pm »
Hi all , iam in the market for a new set of headphones , i use mainly killer bs,, i have seen chef phones , honest opinion of these please , pros and cons ......

rusty old bucket

• Administrator
Re: any use chefphones...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 04:33 pm »
Yep I own the  Chefphones CP2 Woodlands, well built, crisp clear audio,kill switch is handy...... really recommend!

Rex Sedet in vertice
Live a good life.

Willy muffit

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 05:41 pm »
very high quality headphones
  using exactly the same speakers inside or better than all the top makes but cheaper and often better cases
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

Peter

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 05:55 pm »
Hi all , iam in the market for a new set of headphones , i use mainly killer bs,, i have seen chef phones , honest opinion of these please , pros and cons ......

Be wise & Keep to the Killer B`s  !!
I use the Optima "Hornets" . Had the "Wasps " before them . Myself ,I wouldn`t even consider changing from them,as  there that reliable and good in the Audio Sounds .

nailman

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 06:06 pm »
2 pairs of Chefphones Cp3 tt and a pair of Cp2 apart from the changeable lead,( my Jack Russell chewed the lead on a pair of Garrett's)
I'am totally bald these babies stay put when I lean forward .purchased the Cp3 they developed a minor fault returned them ( lifetime warentry) back by the end of the week brilliant service, naught cp 2 for the wife, she didn't take to detecting.
Getting a Deus sometime this year first job is to get the pair of Chefphones that accept the control unit
 Get a pair highly recommend  :) :)
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 06:59 pm »
Don't bother the sound on these headphones do not replicate the sound like the genuine XP headphones.

vint1

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 07:11 pm »
thanks gary , dont use xp , nokta , and sorex , thanks

Willy muffit

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2016, 09:05 pm »
2 pairs of Chefphones Cp3 tt and a pair of Cp2 apart from the changeable lead,( my Jack Russell chewed the lead on a pair of Garrett's)
I'am totally bald these babies stay put when I lean forward .purchased the Cp3 they developed a minor fault returned them ( lifetime warentry) back by the end of the week brilliant service, naught cp 2 for the wife, she didn't take to detecting.
Getting a Deus sometime this year first job is to get the pair of Chefphones that accept the control unit
 Get a pair highly recommend  :) :)
I bought a set of Chefphones that accept the control unit when I first bought my Deus and the sound does not sound exactly like the backphones

THEN  the WS5`s came out so I bought a set of these OMG !!! they were rubbish in comparison !!

I did think Oh maybe its cos I got used to the Chefphones that accept the control unit so I will persevere with the WS5`s

but no good so I started TESTING  other peoples opinions by having a selection of targets and letting them try both sets almost to a man they preferred the crisper sound of the Chefphones that accept the control unit over the wooly muffled sound of the WS5`s

I bought a spare set of backphones and put the speakers in a set of headphones and still of course they cant sound the same as the open ones NO enclosed phones ever will !

so I now don't use enclosed headphones at all with my Deus  preferring in winter to use a hat that goes over my backphones
Minelab Equinox

nailman

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2016, 09:43 pm »
Interesting post Willy Muffit two guys in our club use the Chefphones with the deus unit clipped in they like them, we are all differant so what goes for one will not suit another.
Getting back to Vint1 original post I would recommend Chef phones
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Willy muffit

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 02:41 am »
Interesting post Willy Muffit two guys in our club use the Chefphones with the deus unit clipped in they like them, we are all differant so what goes for one will not suit another.
Getting back to Vint1 original post I would recommend Chef phones

I should of said I did like the crisp sound of the Chefphones  !

the WS5`s were rubbish in comparison I was pig sick spending all that dosh on them
Minelab Equinox

Peter

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 09:27 am »
 I`ve used WS2`s , WS 4`s and now I use the WS5`s and giving my honest opinion I find them just fine being used with my Deus .I really cannot see where Willy Muffits coming from ,no more probably than he can see where I`m coming from.
And on the same token I`ve used a set Chef phones and didn`t think they were anything to shout about .In fact I wouldn`t ever consider  buying another pair again thats how much I rate Chef phones .  When I put them on It felt like a Vice was gripping my head for one thing, and they were bloody heavy  compared with others I could mention !! . So, if nothing else ,this just proves that every set of headphones is seen differently by different people . What may be the bee`s knees to some ,can be a crock of $hite to some one else.
 I cannot see why XP would see the WS5`s as not up to scratch for the Deus ,being as they designed them, and branded  them, and knock them out for use of them with the Deus. It just doesn`t add up if anything acoustically was amiss with them as why would they would allow them to continue being made ?. It has to be different people`s perception of them due to their hearing ability or disability whichever the case if some of them find , as Willy muffit does ,and people like me cannot see what the problem is.
 The only thing I can think of that maybe  causing a "difference " Between the WS5`s and the WS4`s which some may pick up as a difference ,is that the WS5`s are in a totally enclosed cup over the ear and the WS4`s are semi closed cup sitting on the ear , maybe the receiving sounds come across to some as "Different"  ?  But all I can say is I find the WS5`s just fine , with no complaints what so ever with them  .(and I`ve used them since they first came out on the market )

Hauptmann aD

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 02:57 pm »
Well made are they.

I had only two issues with the Chef phones ordered a few years back before the WS5 has been introduced which make them now rest in my accessory box:
They are too narrow for my head (especially with glasses) and I had a problem to hear the Pinpointer signal due to their too good isolation.

I also have to agree - the sound of the different headphones (WS4, WS5 and Chef Phones) is different with the same frequency.

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf