Author Topic: XP Gold Rally Pictures  (Read 4448 times)

Peter

XP Gold Rally Pictures
« on: September 18, 2016, 02:43 pm »
Here`s a few piccys from the Rally. Top three are from the camping site, the fourth is the Off on Saturday Morning from a Bean field ,And the fifth & sixth are a Roman I found before badly twisting my ankle in a bit of rough land which put an end to the rest of the rally for me sadly to report as the pain became to much to carry on  detecting with .I had a great few hours beforehand though .Can anyone ID the Roman ?

nailman

Re: XP Gold Rally Pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 03:25 pm »
Sorry to hear about you're ankle keep it elevated and rest
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

gubby

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 07:51 pm »
Well done on your roman Peter and thanks for showing some photos of the Rally.

rusty old bucket

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 07:55 pm »
That was a bit of bad luck regarding the knee Peter, shame you had to call a halt to the weekend!
I think the Roman is Constantius II the reverse shows a radiated phoenix standing on a globe (I think) nice little find....
Rex Sedet in vertice
Live a good life.

Peter

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 08:10 pm »
Thanks fellas. It`s my ankle that I sprained .I`ve been keeping off it today & putting bags of frozen foods on it to try to get the swelling down. Still hurts like hell though. :P
 And thankyou for the ID (RuOlBu) its really appreciated ,as my knowledge of Roman coins you can put down on a postage stamp. ;D

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2016, 08:35 pm »
I was sat here thinking what the hell does RuOlBu mean......took me about half a minute to realise ;D
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and join the live chat

Peter

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2016, 08:46 pm »
its called " improvisation " Mark, or ,in laymans terms ,just plain laziness  having to write the whole name out so we use a bit of improvisation instead . :D

oscar6972

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 09:13 pm »
Hope the ankle gets better soon 'P' and well done with the roman.

Maxi21

• No gold yet, except a -
  • Gold Membership
  • Using Deus, 9" & 13" coils
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 09:37 pm »
Hi Peter,

Sorry that you twisted your ankle and that we didn't get to meet up, although we problem 'met' as I was helping out as a steward on the main entrance gate!

Attached are some pics of the evening in the main arena around the firepit plus a mini-forum get together of me (Nick), Bob (Bob79), Rew (err Rew), Impos (Andrew) over a few drinks around the campfire.

Great to meet up - it was the first rally I had ever been to and was involved in Stewarding for much of the weekend, but did manage a few hours detecting. Nothing for me but there were some cracking finds that came up.
Nick

Treat everything & everyone with the respect they deserve.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 10:53 pm »
Sorry to hear about the ankle Peter but a great Roman.  Lovely pic Maxi 21.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

needlegun

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 01:11 am »
Hard lines Peter . Nice coin though.
I see a Saxon gold garnet mount came up among the finds.
Found by a CTX3030 allegedly. ;)

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 07:06 am »
Was a real shame that Peter had twisted his ankle, but I did manage to have a catch up with him before he left and have an hour long chat which I really enjoyed, such an interesting man. Thanks Peter.

As for the other Herbert's :D. Spent the whole of Saturday evening with Nick (Maxi21) impos and Bob.    Although I've met Nick and Bob on other digs I've never sat down and talked for hours over a pint or two by a camp fire with them.  Brilliant stuff and a night with company that would be hard to beat and good friendships made.

I'll write more later, but a couple of photos to add. I named the first one, " under starters orders" lol for obvious reason.  The second, I actually thought wittsy was with us camping lol. ;-)
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

redkite

• Gold Membership
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 10:44 am »
Thanks for the pictures Peter hope the ankle heals quickly

Hauptmann aD

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 02:51 pm »
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Would have loved to be there, but there were other priorities to be followed.

Hope you recovered well from your ankle issue.

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf