Author Topic: Whites M6 metal detector  (Read 8329 times)

rabert

Whites M6 metal detector
« on: December 15, 2016, 11:30 am »
Just thought I would put this topic on it's own (for ease of finding).

There seems to be a conflict as to whether this is obsolete  (perhaps the word has two meanings)!!??     Does anyone know it's weight.   I've tried to Google it but the info doesn't seem to be given on the adverts.
I enquired at Joan Allens re them selling Whites M6 and they say the Minelab X Terra 705 is better for beaches.     I am so confused that it's unbelievable.
I dreamed we were all out metal detecting in the garden ! and one of you chaps found Lord Lucan !!!    HELP.

TTFN

gonzo

• Gold members
Re: Whites M6 metal detector
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 12:53 pm »
Rabert,
Joan Allen would say that.....they sell the 705 but they don't sell the m6 because it is no longer produced by whites.....I'm afraid that is all to do with sales.
The 705 will work on the beach just not brilliant on the wet sand.....if that is what you are looking at give it a go.

redkite

• Gold Membership
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 01:19 pm »
I have used the M6 on beaches ,they are a great machine for this and I recomend them for this use
Mike

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 04:06 pm »
I'm sure that I recently saw the 705 has slumped in price.  Looks like everyone wants to shift them?
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

rabert

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 04:51 pm »
Hi,
How expensive is a Deus machine for beaches please?

Does Gary ever come onto the forum, or does he get pestered?

Is Joan Allen's about the best firm for reliability etc., and price for Minelab 705?  They answer promptly.

Thank you.
ttfn

kevsat

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 04:56 pm »
the m6  is a really good mchn ....build quality and reliability is better than the 705 ...and its really good on the beach...it would be my choice ...deus on a beach ..noooooooooooooo 8)

nailman

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 05:00 pm »
Hi,
How expensive is a Deus machine for beaches please?

Does Gary ever come onto the forum, or does he get pestered?

Is Joan Allen's about the best firm for reliability etc., and price for Minelab 705?  They answer promptly.

Thank you.
ttfn

Don't try to run before you've started to crawl , asking JA about Minelabs is like asking a Ford dealer to recommend a Skoda
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

rabert

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 05:27 pm »
Hi Nailman,

?? -    :)

nailman

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 07:25 pm »
Hi Nailman,

?? -    :)
Hello  ;D :) ;D
I've heard that Minelab are dropping the X term range  hence the price drop.
The Deus is a machine that you move upto sure it has switch on and go programs, but it has loads of features that you Idealy need a good knowledge of how detectors and detecting works.
It's like passing your driving test starting with a small car you don't pass your test and buy a Ferrari, the Deus , e trac and CTX   are supper machines to get once you know the basics and decide if you like the hobby. :-\
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

rabert

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 08:19 pm »
Thanks for that Nailman. :)    I understand what your saying now.           So.... .........  should I buy an Ace 250?      :) :)

ttfn

Peter

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 08:24 pm »
quote rabert ,....." So.... .........  should I buy an Ace 250?"

Probably !!! as every bit of well intended and genuine help up to now appears to have
 been side kicked and ignored by the look of things . These questions are now going around & around in circles .Firstly you said you didn`t want to spend much in case you didn`t like detecting , now The Deus at over a grand seems to be of interest ??? Sorry but  my instinct now tells me  I  think I`ll bow out of attempting to help any further now as my 6th sense is ringing a distinct alarm bell .  I wish you well in finding what your after.
 So May I respectfully recommend Google .

nailman

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 08:30 pm »
Yes buy one  ;D ;D :D :) tried and tested will get you going
XP Deus

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 09:22 pm »
Lots of people have started with an Ace 250, there are loads on ebay because people who stick with the hobby tend to move up to more complicated machines.  Although some stick with their 250 for years and are happy. The great thing about an Ace 250 is how cheap you can get one to try the hobby out. 

I started with a Deus Lite, that's the Deus without the remote, it was £550.00 but they can be picked up cheaper.  I bought mine from a coin merchant after doing a few checks on his background.  It had 4 years guarantee left on it, and with the Deus the guarantee transfers to the new owner, not all guarantees do that. The Deus without the remote is much simpler but still has great performance.  If you like the hobby you can save up for the remote like I did and the machine becomes a more versatile machine with deeper programme changes for you to try.

I haven't seen much feedback on the Deus on wet sand but I have used it on dry sand and found some nice stuff, and of course it's brilliant on earth/land as plenty will testify.  If you don't like the hobby you will sell the Deus Lite no problem without much loss.   
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

gonzo

• Gold members
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 09:33 pm »

Probably !!! as every bit of well intended and genuine help up to now appears to have
 been side kicked and ignored by the look of things . These questions are now going around & around in circles .Firstly you said you didn`t want to spend much in case you didn`t like detecting , now The Deus at over a grand seems to be of interest ??? Sorry but  my instinct now tells me  I  think I`ll bow out of attempting to help any further now as my 6th sense is ringing a distinct alarm bell .  I wish you well in finding what your after.

I'm with Peter on this one,you seem to be ignoring every bit of good advice that people have given up their time to share with you.This is the last advice i will be giving........the ace 250 is'nt ace on the beach..........do some hard research on beach detectors and come to a decision.
Good luck.

redkite

• Gold Membership
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 10:13 am »

I'm with Peter on this one,you seem to be ignoring every bit of good advice that people have given up their time to share with you.This is the last advice i will be giving........the ace 250 is'nt ace on the beach..........do some hard research on beach detectors and come to a decision.
Good luck.
[/quote

I agree with Peter and Gonzo

Good luck