Author Topic: The Mackro legend good or bad ?  (Read 5384 times)

nailman

The Mackro legend good or bad ?
« on: August 31, 2022, 09:01 pm »
Has anyone got a Nokia Mackro it’s all gone very quite I always prefer feedback from genuine owners not U tube guys who are getting paid or a free machine. ( I worked in marketing so know all the tricks )

Deus 2 out of my budget and don’t gel with Minelab although one-off our club members uses a Vanquish and finds the stuff
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

lobo

Re: The Mackro legend good or bad ?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 09:13 am »
I had one just as V0.05 was out. It was deep and accurate with ferrous i.d. Then came v0.06 which was a nonstarter and Nokta pulled the plug on that and went to V0.07. This destroyed the depth and so I parted with it. I believe V0.09 IS doing the business but as I no longer have one I cannot verify that. I do intend to get another Legend at a later date as I believe it's extremely good value for money plus Nokta do communicate with their customers on a regular basis. One of my detecting buddies has just purchased a new one so I will get an idea on how it's performing in relation to my two machines. (Deus 2 & Nox 800). For what it's worth I would recommend buying one.

mariothemoss

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 09:38 am »
 lm looking to up grade also want deus 2 but am not convinced yet and now minelab have a new machine choice's  choices still using. deus 1 and after being a hot program die hard recently been using the sonar program its flipping awesome can't imagine any detector being better.

Metalurgy

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 10:29 am »
I’ve been using the sonar prog but on the D2 @ 30 kHz mono,a bit like the white D1 HF coil and can confirm it’s impressive.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 03:56 pm »
I had one just as V0.05 was out. It was deep and accurate with ferrous i.d. Then came v0.06 which was a nonstarter and Nokta pulled the plug on that and went to V0.07. This destroyed the depth and so I parted with it. I believe V0.09 IS doing the business but as I no longer have one I cannot verify that. I do intend to get another Legend at a later date as I believe it's extremely good value for money plus Nokta do communicate with their customers on a regular basis. One of my detecting buddies has just purchased a new one so I will get an idea on how it's performing in relation to my two machines. (Deus 2 & Nox 800). For what it's worth I would recommend buying one.

Interesting how the various updates add something but also take away.  I do think this is a weakness with Nokta/Makro, it's almost as if they are experimenting rather than knowing what they are doing. If it goes wrong, drop it and try another one !  I think this is something they need to sort out because it raises question marks and stops many people having trust in their machines?
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

mayhem147

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 08:09 pm »

Interesting how the various updates add something but also take away.  I do think this is a weakness with Nokta/Makro, it's almost as if they are experimenting rather than knowing what they are doing. If it goes wrong, drop it and try another one !  I think this is something they need to sort out because it raises question marks and stops many people having trust in their machines?

Fair point, Keith. The Impact and Fors Core certainly disappeared very quickly.